“I can't recommend this hotel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Cle Elum

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Cle Elum to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Cle Elum
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   906 East First Street, Cle Elum, WA 98922 (Formerly Cascade Mountain Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Cle Elum
Port Townsend, Washington
“I can't recommend this hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at several hotels on our trip to Yellowstone. This was clearly the worst of the bunch. Trains came by 3 times during the night (and no they didn't warn us!) and they charged an additional $20 for our dog, which is the most we were charged by any hotel on our trip. This is the only hotel where I was worried our totally housebroken dog might want to mark. Fortunately he did lots of sniffing and nothing else. Whatever other hotels used to deodorize fooled him! Least comfortable bed & pillows too. Continental breakfast here was also the worst of the bunch. We passed and went to a restaurant. Definitely not a high price, but a high price for what you get. Buyer beware!

Room Tip: Definitely read reviews on multiple sites. Hubby read decent reviews on this hotel on another site.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

BED BUGS room 109!! I was in a bridal party and stayed here. Found blood spots on my sheets. Woke up in the middle of the night with bites and scurrying bed bugs. Management said it wasn't their fault. Really?! BED BUGS!!

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Cle Elum hotels

Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The price was right and the quality was beyond what I had expected. Very clean, comfortable, standard hotel room...like the Motel 6 ads say "all hotel rooms look alike when you're asleep"! Seriously, we had a great sleep even though a railway runs behind the hotel. No level crossing so no horns and whistles. The free breakfast is a little carb/starch-heavy and protein-light but it's ok if you are in a hurry. Good restaurant right across the street and others within a couple of minutes driving. It's no resort but it met our needs and we came away very, very satisfied. We'll stay there again and would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenmore, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's an Econo Lodge... don't expect a 5 star Motel, but you can rest assured it is clean and in a nice area. With a Cafe across the road, it is convenient for a quick snack before bed. And if you enjoy the lure of a train going by, you'll get to hear it in the middle of the night..we thought it was kinda fun and cozy to hear! Cle Elum has grown up, and this is an average but nice place to stay. Enjoy your visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
richland wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well worth the cost. I enjoy talking with the front desk guy I believe he's the owner so I can tell he really cares about your stay. I also like the fact It's right across the street from the Cottage Cafe, which has plenty of truck and R.V. Parking, and good food plus a nice little lounge. The breakfast at this Econo Lodge has good selection, I like the waffles, I stay here whenever I'm passing through Cle Elum. Good value, no complaints

Room Tip: Stayed in the Chacuzi Suite,Lots of hot water and clean Cant beat it after long day and for less tha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Draper, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well, I shouldn't have had high expectations, and frankly - I didn't. It was sort of clean, the room was large, and the train tracks are very close. The trains come by at 2 AM and yes, you can hear them. I also had the joy of having a spider crawl across my sheets when I pulled back the comforter - that was all I needed.

Anyway, the staff was very nice and other than the spider and train noise, it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I havent stayed at an Econolodge since I was a kid. We usually stay elsewhere when we come to Cle Elum but our usual place shut down for the winter. We were pleasantly surprised to find we could get a Jacuzzi Suite for $89. We were in 213. True representation of the place; Pros: Lobby has been really updated and is beautiful; Manager was super friendly and seems genuine, like he is trying to make the customer happy, spring style mattresses but slept really well, jacuzzi big enough for two right in the room, balcony with nice view of trees and hills, deluxe continental breakfast, flatscreens. CONs: there are some holes in sheetrock in hallways, not in rooms, which appears to be upgrading so no big deal; carpet is not really worn but has lots of seams showing through which gives a run down feel to the place overall; jacuzzi room has no separate shower and no curtain so be prepared to shut the room down for a private shower (BTW it allows you to have a private jacuzzi, YEAH, ITS WORTH IT! Just kind of odd.) There is a RR track just off premises, if your a light sleeper, not so good, personally, i enjoyed it and slept through most of it; older furnishings so if looks are important you might not like it. And finally theres a cafe right across the street but its located at the end of town so its a fair walk to all the little mainstreet shopping. OVERALL, linens (bed and bath) were clean, bed slept well, staff was friendly and courteous and we were fed. If this is the stuff thats important to you, book a room here. If you're looking for a place to lie around all day and pamper yourself with fine surroundings, find a spa.

Room Tip: I loved the jacuzzi room with balcony facing railroad tracks and mountains, it was upstairs so not W...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Cle Elum? Share your experiences!