“Friendly, professional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Cle Elum

You added Econo Lodge Cle Elum to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Cle Elum
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   906 East First Street, Cle Elum, WA 98922 (Formerly Cascade Mountain Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Hermiston, Oregon
“Friendly, professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well worth the cost. I enjoy talking with the front desk guy I believe he's the owner so I can tell he really cares about your stay. I also like the fact It's right across the street from the Cottage Cafe, which has plenty of truck and R.V. Parking, and good food plus a nice little lounge. The breakfast at this Econo Lodge has good selection, I like the waffles, I stay here whenever I'm passing through Cle Elum. Good value, no complaints

Room Tip: Stayed in the Chacuzi Suite,Lots of hot water and clean Cant beat it after long day and for less tha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Draper, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well, I shouldn't have had high expectations, and frankly - I didn't. It was sort of clean, the room was large, and the train tracks are very close. The trains come by at 2 AM and yes, you can hear them. I also had the joy of having a spider crawl across my sheets when I pulled back the comforter - that was all I needed.

Anyway, the staff was very nice and other than the spider and train noise, it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I havent stayed at an Econolodge since I was a kid. We usually stay elsewhere when we come to Cle Elum but our usual place shut down for the winter. We were pleasantly surprised to find we could get a Jacuzzi Suite for $89. We were in 213. True representation of the place; Pros: Lobby has been really updated and is beautiful; Manager was super friendly and seems genuine, like he is trying to make the customer happy, spring style mattresses but slept really well, jacuzzi big enough for two right in the room, balcony with nice view of trees and hills, deluxe continental breakfast, flatscreens. CONs: there are some holes in sheetrock in hallways, not in rooms, which appears to be upgrading so no big deal; carpet is not really worn but has lots of seams showing through which gives a run down feel to the place overall; jacuzzi room has no separate shower and no curtain so be prepared to shut the room down for a private shower (BTW it allows you to have a private jacuzzi, YEAH, ITS WORTH IT! Just kind of odd.) There is a RR track just off premises, if your a light sleeper, not so good, personally, i enjoyed it and slept through most of it; older furnishings so if looks are important you might not like it. And finally theres a cafe right across the street but its located at the end of town so its a fair walk to all the little mainstreet shopping. OVERALL, linens (bed and bath) were clean, bed slept well, staff was friendly and courteous and we were fed. If this is the stuff thats important to you, book a room here. If you're looking for a place to lie around all day and pamper yourself with fine surroundings, find a spa.

Room Tip: I loved the jacuzzi room with balcony facing railroad tracks and mountains, it was upstairs so not W...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Check-in was painless although they required a credit card on file. Not sure why since there is no minibar or restaurant. The room was rather outdated with dingy carpet and sagging beds. The bathtub/shower is not made to accommodate tall people. I'm only 5'7" and had to duck to rinse my hair. They had a few items for breakfast except had run out of coffee filters and coffee by 7:30AM.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ASHOO O, Owner at Econo Lodge Cle Elum, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Mr.Breck Warner,
Thanks for taking your precious time to tell us about your stay at our hotel.I certainly agree with your unsatisfactory experiences regarding your stay.

I have taken up the issues with my staff regarding the credit card details,room condition,bathtub-
shower and the breakfast.Since your reservation was booked through Expedia.com(third party booking agent) so we need to ask the guest's credit card details as a deposit.Regarding the room condition,I would like to inform you that the new management has taken over this hotel and we are in the process of renovation.The bathtubs installed in our hotel meet the specifications as per the hotel standards but guests can be accomodated with seperate rooms with standing showers on request.I am really sorry for the breakfast as the girl working at that time was new and under training and could not handle so many people at breakfast and she has already left this job.

We apologize to you for the inconvenience caused and will strive hard to provide best level of service in future and are committed to ensure that you will not face these problems again on your next visit.It will be a previlege for us to provide accomodations for you in the future and show you that your remarks were used constructively.

ASHOO OHRI
OWNER- ECONO LODGE, CLE ELUM
Brigham, Ut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed at the Econo Lodge for one night the later part of July, 2012. The room was large and very clean. Our room was not ready when we arrived, but the staff immediately got it ready and we checked in with no problem. Cle Elum is not a large place and this hotel was within walking or driving distance of restaurants. Great place for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was my second stay here. I stayed last year in 2011. I returned in July 2012 because I was hiking on a portion of the John Wayne Trail which is the roadbed of the former Milwaukee Railroad which once ran from the Seattle-Tacoma area through a tunnel under Snoqualmie Pass to Chicago and which passed through South Cle Elum and because I enjoyed my stay in 2012. This time I used Choice Hotel points for a free stay. I found the motel staff to be pleasant and helpful, the motel clean, the breakfast sufficient, and the stay quiet. If you are interested in railroads this is a great town to visit. The former Northern Pacific ( now Burlington Northern Santa Fe) still has major facilities through town on its route from Seattle through Stampede Pass to the east.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My dad and I had a really nice experience here. We had friends visiting from Europe who liked it also. They have a wonderful continental breakfast with great choices from yogurt to pancakes and waffles. It's quiet, clean and the employees are friendly and ready to assist when needed.

Room Tip: My dad and I stayed here last August and are going again this weekend. My experience was it was a ni...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Cle Elum? Share your experiences!