“Lovely dinner and great view” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Portals Restaurant at Suncadia Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bullfrog Road
Kirkland, Washington
“Lovely dinner and great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The view was great! Food was very good as well and staff was very attentive and friendly. My husband got the Bison burger and said it was delicious. I had the tomato bisque and blue cheese wedge salad. I wasn't too hungry so I had a lighter meal. I'm glad I did because I was still full! Everything was great. The only con would be I didn't expect little kids to be in the restaurant. It just seemed too nice to have little kids but I learned that it is a very family friendly resort. There wasn't a lot of screaming or anything but it was a little distracting noise-wise at dinner.

Visited May 2013

Seattle
“The Portals Restaurant is a class act in the back country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I made a spur-of-the-moment trip from Kent on her birthday, not knowing what Suncadia had to offer. I'm puzzled by some of the reviews I'm reading here, as my experience in the hotel and the restaurant revealed a class operation in total. Every staff member I encountered was bright, cheery, engaging and knowledgeable, displaying qualities I've only seen in the very best establishments around the country. The dining experience might have been in a Ritz-Carleton, standing out in every way. The view is spectacular, the food was outstanding and the wait service as good as it gets. I would recommend a similar 160 mile round trip for anyone who wants a truly delightful surprise in the "woods".

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
seattle, wa
“Decent food, attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had dinner here with 2 kids. The food was good, but not outstanding. The french fries were particularly good! The view was nice and the service was super attentive and professional. The prices were high, but we expected that. We enjoyed the meal, but it wasn't the kind of restaurant I'd want to go to for both breakfast and dinner 3 nights in a row. One night was good, but I think more than that would be a let down and the high prices would start to be a downer.

Visited April 2013
srjohanson
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed for several days at the lodge, and we reserved a table at Portal's for dinner one night. We were disappointed with the entire experience. The server was inexperienced and inattentive. The caesar salad was OK but dressing was watering and greens were tasteless. The lamb chops were fatty with very little meat on them. The scallop risotto was clumsy -- scallops were good but risotto was clumsy with too much cheese. At $30-40 an entree, we expected better!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wenatchee, Washington
“Dessert and Wine afternoon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stop in to "Portals" Restaurant @ Suncadia resort for dessert and a glass of the "Swiftwater Cellars wine. Was my first time eating at the restaurant, visited tasting room once before. Was not impressed with the service or the food quality. Ordered the Molten Chocolate cake, when it arrived it was dry and certainly wasn't molten. Tasted like it was frozen and reheated. The servers where very young and lacked certain amount of friendliness needed to be in food service. Bill was $40.00 dollars for a 2 glasses of wine, cup of coffee and dessert.

• Visited January 2013