“Not so great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
McCall, Idaho
“Not so great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Rooms are plain and not so clean, things had collected in the corners and around baseboards. Doorknob so sticky we had to wash it down. It's just old and kind of depressing. We didn't even stay for the breakfast, who knows what lurks in the kitchen!

Room Tip: Keep looking. :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Local360
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was going to a wedding in Cle Elum and waited until the absolute last minute to book my hotel room. Oops. Travelers Inn was all that was available. Luckily I was able to book a killer deal on Priceline, for ~$35 per night.

I read some of the reviews and had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I'm particular, so I just brought my own blanket, and threw it down over the bedspread in the room, and slept with my own quilt. It was a little noisy, but you are right off the main drag, so that was to be expected. The AC worked, and kept the room super cool. The room itself was super dated, but I didn't see anything that I would call dirty.
The people next to me had a dog, so apparently dogs are allowed?
I was a female traveling alone, and felt safe, but it was summer and the hotel was packed with travelers, who I imagine were in the same predicament I was.

My only real negative experience was when I checked in, they said they only had me down for one night. Luckily I'd brought along my Priceline reservation, or I think I would have been stuck without a place to stay the second night. They also asked me for payment, even though I'd already paid through Priceline (which I also showed them). So if you book online I'd be sure to bring proof! However, they were friendly enough once I showed them the reservation, and didn't make a big deal of it.
I never checked out the continental breakfast, so I can't speak to that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lake Stevens, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I were attending a concert at the winery and picked this as it had a room. The front desk was accommodating, the room sufficient. It was priced affordable and for a quick nights stay it worked perfectly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After pulling off of the freeway which was a nightmare with extremely thick fog. I found the Travelers Inn to be well lit and the front desk person was warm and inviting. I was informed of the complimentary breakfast and the time frame. The Cle Elum Travelers Inn was a God send! Thanks for being there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Checking in, felt that I almost had to help the women with the process, she was nice enough though. Lucky I had the confirmation with me or the price would have been $10 more. The website claims that you receive a complimentary breakfast voucher for the Cottage cafe which is next door. If this was the case it would have been great, what they give you is a 10% off voucher for another restaurant about a mile down the road. Didn't have the breakfast as we left to early.
Not sure if it would be a good place to stay if you were 1 or 2 females. A lot of workers here with long term rentals.!
And not sure about the larger guy upstairs who walked down to get ice in his shorty robe and had alot of female visitors. Hmmmmmm!
Would maybe stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The place is a good deal. The town is a wide spot off I-90 between Snoqualmie Pass and Ellensburg, Washington. Lots of recreational activities are close by. Fly fishing & river rafting are big draws for the area. The building is modest in appearance, the room I had was small but fine.... A good value, and quiet. Breakfast is included.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Waterville, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We three friends for 30 and 40 yrs now took our friend to Cle Elum Travelers Inn for her 64th bday. Hotelsone.com is where it popped up. $120! out of my bank within the hour (a week before we traveled). Sounded like a great place for $120. Got to Cle Elum Travelers Inn & NO ROOM! We had already verified that morning! ? finally told by gal working evening that room was $65! Hmmm.. The key the 'owner' gave us that morning, opened a room with SOMEONE ELSE IN IT ALREADY! # 16. Back to office, another key for # 18, (7 pm) ONE Bed unmade, no towels, smelled of half a gallon pinesol, back to Office AGAIN. Another Key, for Room # 24! NO KING BEDS which we'd paid for even on the lot! 3rd room not made up, it's 7:30 by this time! only one key to that room too so 'someone ' else has the other key for that room too! ? ! SCARY. back to the office 4th time that evening. Please money back so we can go to Best Western, PLEASE. 17 minutes on phone to Mgr, refusal. Is NOT what we paid for. No housekeeping. The poor gal at the desk got the brunt of it all & wasn't her fault. He (owner) would NOT deal with it, just yelled in India (n) .. a nightmare. We're easy to please, not picky, but this was a nightmare. NOT recommened ever. Still can't believe we paid for a pinesol smelly room for $120, a $65 room. ONLINE HotelsOne.com is NOT the way to go. Hope any going there are able to read this and hope we can save someone else the 'Sour' treatment. never again. Only Best Western or Super 8 or Motel 6 for sure!!! Chair up against the door all nite. we are not complainers but this was uncalled for and the public needs to know. D, L, & S

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Cle Elum Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!