“Very Accomodating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Clarkston
Olympia, Washington
“Very Accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I came into town for my niece's wedding and did not have reservations. They were pretty booked up and didn't have one room available for the two days. I wanted to stay. Michelle at the front desk, worked out a solution. I had to change rooms but that was not a hardship for me. I was happy to have a clean, comfortalbe room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a great place to stay,if in main building. The staff where great When I got my room and thought it might be noisy, due to facing the street they went out of there way to find another! The rooms are big with sliding doors onto the courtyard and pool area, so we were able to sit by the pool and have our morning coffee. Real nice!!
I would definetly come back, and PS the place is set up for motorbike riders even have a wash station!

Room Tip: I just asked politely and they found me one
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

It's been a few years since we have been able to stay at this hotel, but I always rave about it to folks that will be visiting. I was SO impressed with the staff...especially their cleaning. (I walked in on the housekeeping manager CLEANING my trashcans out. I also saw them SCRUBBING the hot tub on two different occassions during one stay. They informed me that they regularly empty and clean it extensively!) Anytime we are near here but not able to stay at this hotel...I always make it a point to stop in and say hello to the staff. (I believe they have been in tact for some years now.) The owner seems just precious and is often on site. Very friendly people, very accomodating and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Northwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nothing really to add to the last review I wrote, just a few small details....One of the clerks there is a rider, which adds to the positive perspective; and a company is distributing advertiser supported ride maps of the region, which are distributed in the lobby. One of our bikes needed service, and the desk clerk knew the location of the correct shop.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Poulsbo, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Everything was clean including our room, pool, grounds, and lobby. However, the room was a little small and the AC unit was very loud. The beds were average so I didn't get a very good sleep.
The free breakfast was decent but only had five tables and was too warm and small.
Cleaner than average but beds and AC was below average.
Service was friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We booked with short notice and were given a good rate. What was planned as a 1 night stop over ended up as 2 nights. All interactions with staff were more than pleasant and our check in was quick ans hassle free. We were also upgraded to a suite which was a nice bonus.

The room was huge, it had a separate bedroom with a king size bed, small dresser and a flat screen tele. The bed was a little soft, but ok. The linen was the dreaded gaudy bed spread and wool blanket combo eek! There was an air conditioner in the bedroom.

The lounge had a couch, armchair and coffee table, old school CRT tele and a desk. The decor throughout is very outdated, but also very functional. There was an air conditioner in there too.

The bathroom was very functional. I like the shower units that are being installed everywhere in this sort of accommodation, they don't have seams, tiles, grout so nowhere for mould to build up. The bathroom was very clean. There was a separate room with twin sinks adjacent to the bathroom.

The Inn also had a swimming pool and gym which looked good, the pool gets a lot of afternoon sun. Continental breakfast was included in the room price and was a pretty standard with cereal toast and fruit, plus waffles and coffee.

Parking is free and abundant with room for semi trailers if you happen to be driving one. Also very popular with motorcycle touring, we saw lots of nice bikes around. Internet was free, some rooms with Wi-fi and some rooms with LAN (cables were provided).

Overall if you are passing through Clarkston or Lewiston this place is really good value, the staff are really nice. Only downside is the place needs a renovation, it is however very clean and comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear of the complex
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tukwila, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed here 2 nights when I went over for my high school reunion. The loft bed was perfect for my older son and even with the queen bed, table, chair, recliner, microwave and fridge there was still plenty of room on the main floor for the portable crib for my baby. The beds were comfortable and the staff was super friendly. The breakfast in the morning was very good, great variety and the staff kept if fully stocked at all times which meant they were HOPPING because the hotel was full and it was busy down there! My son had a great time in the pool too.
The only down sides I had were that it would have been nice if there was a TV in the loft as well as the one downstairs and it was kind of noisy. I could hear our neighbors and the people walking by very well. I would absolutely stay there again tho.

Room Tip: CALL them and discuss - they are eager to help!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Rivertree Inn? Share your experiences!