“Very relaxing vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Very relaxing vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this resort during the summer. The resort is pet friendly and we were able to bring our dog with us on our vacation. The suites are nice with a patio and a lake-view. Lake Chelan is absolutely beautiful and the resort sits right on the lake. Our room was clean and had two queen beds and a little kitchenette as well as a fridge and microwave. We were right above the outdoor pool and hot tub so we had easy access to that and the beach across the street. The lake is one of the clearest lakes I have ever seen. Even though we were only there for a few days we enjoyed the beach and boat/jet-ski rentals down the road. The resort has an awesome breakfast in the morning as well with to-die-for views of the lake and mountains out on the outdoor patio----what a relaxing thing to wake up to! I would reccomend this resort to anyone wanting to visit Lake Chelan!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel buidling is very beautiful decorated with flowers. and the view of Chelan is also stunning.

the room is a little small but acceptable with a balcony . Because the lakeside enviroment, and insects including mosquito behavior of pursuing lights, it's not suggested to open colony door in night, or you will find many of them in your room.

the breakfast room is very big but provides average food.

We met two reception ladies in our stay. The thin lady alwasys show cold face to us, while the other warmly helped us in finding a good restaurant in winery.

Room Tip: Be careful of insects when you open balcony door.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Arrived for a weekend getaway and checked in which was fine. Went to find the room and the parking was interesting but worked. The room was one of the bigger rooms we have stayed in and the beds were comfortable. The balcony and kitchenette were useless and could be better. The breakfast was nothing special and understaffed. The location is nice but could be closer to town. We went during the off season so most things in town were closed for the season.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a very spacious suite with large deck overlooking a small park and the lakefront. Great location for walking and relaxing. Our unit was completed updated, maybe a few years back. No complaints except they could use some more towel bars in the sink area. Huge, comfy king bed with luxurious fresh linens. Felt very clean and inviting. The suite had a small kitchen area with sink, microwave, fridge, table. The continental breakfast wasn't much. Noplace to sit and eat; it was a grab and go back to the room deal. Helpful, friendly front desk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Florence, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is a mixed bag. The views are great and the rooms are spacious and clean. The lobby is impressive and the staff very accommodating. There were newspapers available in the lobby even on Sunday. Our room was as close to the highway as possible, but we were not bothered with traffic noise. The bathroom in our unit needs updating. The tub and surround were the old fashioned one piece fiberglass unit. The lavatory sink was the old enameled steel and the faucet was very difficult to use due to age. The kitchenette might have been useful for a longer stay, but it left very little room for the vanity area. The breakfast room was large and had a great view. For the most part it was the standard breakfast stuff, but the omelets were awful. Were they made with cheese whiz?

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor in the wing closest to the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lahaina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was thrilled when I checked in, I was exhausted and hungry, but when I saw the room and the view I was looking forward to my stay - UNTIL, I couldn't get on the internet - finally after several calls to the desk - was able to get on for about five minutes. I gave up and tried again the morning - still no wifi. I called the front desk and she said the "towers had burned down." True there were forest fires but sounded like an excuse to me and I hadn't seen anything on the news about it so... I called the support # in NY and he was very nice, he said the router was down in the kitchen next to my room. I called the desk and she said she didn't know where it was so.. I called him back and he said he would call the front desk and "walk her thru it," (push the button!) Still nothing, so I called down again, she said she didn't know where the router was. She could have called a manager to find out but too much trouble, all she said was that the maintenance man had left for the day and there was nothing she could do. I left and found a Starbucks and then went back later. I called support again, he tried to reset from his end but couldn't. I finally gave up and had to leave because I have a B&B on Maui and need to check bookings and email at least 3x a day and also have a house for sale and was there to look at property - I NEEDED MY EMAIL! She offered no solutions. I told her next time to get off her butt and figure it out! find the router and push the button!

Room Tip: Nice place - but they should train the front desk staff better - maybe teach them how to problem sol...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Lakeside Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!