“Girls Get Away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Chelan B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Girls Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Four of us came over for four days of golf, wine tasting, shopping and sunshine ... and how lucky were we to get it all!! Had a 3-bdrm deluxe lake view end room, 3rd floor. Great views but a bit windy and noisy from road noise ... especially with apple harvest and the trucks going by all day. Too bad they don't put up glass panels on the patio (deck) instead of railing to cut some of the noise and the wind. We didn't sit out on the patio too much. Nice pool, hot tub, fire pit at night with Smores. Well decorated and up-to-date, comfy beds. We had a GREAT time!

Room Tip: May have to give up lake view for a quieter room on the other side of the building. Underground gara...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Great location next to beach and shopping had a view of water,street noise wasn't too bad. Check in was horrible. I called three days prior to see if we could do early they said no problem. I called 9am that day and they said to call back later,then we arrived at 2:30 and they said it would be ready at four (normal check in) but if it got done early they would call. Then we arrived at four and they said it wouldn't be ready until six. They ended up having it ready by 5:00. (It was just unconventional because I was planning on having my kids nap at early check in, we had checked out of our other hotel at noon so it made for a long day.) Once we got into our room we loved it! Beautiful view, big balcony, stainless steel appliances, large master with doors to balcony and double sinks, and double shower heads. Very nice and clean! Would go back again (just hope someone else can give me a clear time to check in).

• Stayed September 2013
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The good-Beautiful rooms, nice staff, lots of activities nearby.

The bad- very noisy, need to keep door shut to converse. No BBQ on deck, needed to wait in line to cook at club house. The honking, swearing from the street bordered on ridiculous and the on-line pictures were just plain fraud.

We stayed in or went elsewhere to enjoy our week as the clubhouse had little to offer anyone over 10.

I expected more for the $500/night and wouldn't likely return.

Room Tip: View of lake overshadowed by noise issues.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
aegais
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was a beautiful place to stay. The condo was very clean and the guest service was great. It is located next to a main road but when you shut the door you couldn't hear it. Very spacious. We went with 2 kids under 5. No sound issues what so ever. You are required to perform a few close out chores. I had mixed feelings about this. I didn't mind putting the dishes in the washer but did care about putting a load of towels on.

• Stayed June 2013
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My review is a little late to come but better late than never!

A few friends and I booked a weekend at The Lake House. Being a Eastern Washington native, I expected the Lake house to be another great reason why Eastern Washington is so great...And was I wrong!

My friends checked in a day before I did and before I even got there, I had already heard about the complaints and the harassments they had endured. When I finally got to the Lake House, not only were the girls at the front desk rude, but they didn't seem to know anything that was going on. Instead of checking to see if my name was on the list for our room, they insisted on arguing with me that there is no such list. And what happened? They found the list.

For the remainder of our trip, the security guards were just downright rude! Not only were we not able to enjoy the rest of our vacation in peace, they made it a point to scrutinize everything we did and even threaten us when we were going back to our rooms one night! We are all professionials here, no need for the insults or the threats!

I didn't realize we paid to be treated like children for a weekend.

Will never go back again!

Pros: Location.
Cons: Rude employees, room service non-existent, no wi-fi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Lakehouse2009, Front Office Manager at The Lake House at Chelan, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest: ac520,

Thank you for submitting your review. You are correct: Better late than never.

Without knowing when you stayed and the circumstances surrounding the events you have described, I will say that our staff takes seriously the safety and security of all of our guests. However, we don't want to come across as being overbearing or rude about it.

Although we do not have a restaurant on-site to provide room service, we have a wonderful location close to many great cafes and restaurants. We also provide complimentary wifi throughout the entirety of the resort property.

At your convenience, I would appreciate being able to speak with you further about your experience. Your comments are valuable to us as each piece of feedback we receive is utilized to continue to build the best guest experience possible.
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I would give this hotel an A++++++++++. The whole experience was fabulous! Upon check in you walk into a clubhouse with oversized gas fireplace and comfortable couch and chairs. The girls behind the counter were warm, friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful. I wanted to call my daughter back home who was ill with the flu. They offered to let me to use their phone so I wouldn't incur long distance charges. The room (410) is a corner 1 bedroom top floor unit overlooking the pool. Beautifully decorated, comfortable and truly felt like a home away from home. They offer a firepit in the evening with smores. The clubhouse has complimentary coffee and biscotti. Parking is great! The room was very quiet. I would definately recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakehouse2009, Front Office Manager at The Lake House at Chelan, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest: fiona d,

Although all feedback is valued from our guests, we truly appreciate the glowing review you have given.
At The Lake House at Chelan, we always strive to create the best experience possible by offering luxurious accommodations and selecting team members who personify hospitality.
We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will be our guests again soon!
Please contact me if we may be of future assistance.

Melissa Bonar
Owner Guest Services Supervisor
Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Was very impressed with this hotel, from check-in and friendliness of staff to rooms which were awesome to amenities as well. Quiet, clean and comfortable. I would definitely go back and will recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest: Nolpreen,

We are always grateful for guest feedback and the positive response you gave was definitely welcome!
Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service and ensuring that our residences and amenities throughout the property are in tip-top shape.
We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Please contact me if we may be of future assistance.

Melissa Bonar
Owner Guest Services Supervisor

Been to The Lake House at Chelan? Share your experiences!