“Terrific for our young family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chelan Resort Suites

Chelan Resort Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chelan
Chelan Resort Suites
2220 W Woodin Ave, Chelan, WA 98816   |
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Chelan
Renton, WA
“Terrific for our young family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed in unit 310 and will definitely be back. The condo was well stocked, was finished nicely was very clean. The best part of the condo is that it has floor to ceiling windows that give you nice views of the lake and mountains. There was a queen bed in each bedroom and there was a flat screen television in the main living area as well as the master bedroom. The shower in the master bathroom is large as well, which is a nice change from the telephone booth-sized shower that we have at home. There is parking in an underground garage (locked with a key code). There is a Subway and convenience store next to the condos as well as a sno-cone stand. It takes about a minute to walk 50 yards through a small parking lot belonging to the Best Western to the park. The park has a playground, lots of sandy beach and a dock. Our kids loved it there.

I saw some people complain about being fined for not cleaning up, but I can't understand why being fined would be a surprise. The management company posts a list of your responsibilities before check out on the refrigerator and also tells you what you will be fined if you don't complete these tasks (put dirty towels in the bathtub, take out the trash, etc.). We have a 3, 2 and 1 year old who made their share of messes, but we cleaned up after them and we weren't fined for anything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Chelan Resort Suites is a newer building that is efficient with you use of pin pad key codes to access the garage, exterior doors, and room doors. You end up memorizing your number after a couple of tries so it makes it easy to adjust.
Location: is 2 miles for Chelan downtown, but near wineries, and the park about 2 minute walk is great for families. The park gets lots of use and very popular a huge benefit. There is a Subway/Gas Station next to the building so if you need last minute items. There is a Safeway and other food stores in town to stock your kitchen.
Property: Parking garage in basement of building. I had to remove my cargo box from my SUV to park in the garage. Each unit gets one parking stall. Overflow parking is about a block away at Park/Ride area. One elevator services the entire building and 2 staircases that come in handy AFTER you have moved all your gear in.
Rooms: very modern with cork floors(nice touch), flatscreen tv's, balconies on floors 2,3,&4. The main floor has walkout patios which would be great, except when you are above the patio that has the party til 2am. Had friends that stayed in 304, which the X04 units have the most sq footage. I would recommend 304 or 404, since they are higher up and less noisy. Indoor pool and hot tub were very nice.
Kitchens are nice and outfitted with basic pots/pans dishes etc. We did have a blender in our room. Microwave, dishwahser, garbage disposal. etc.
The property is labeled a hotel, but is not. There is no staff on site. You are responsible for keeping your rooms tidy. Be sure to take your trash out when you depart. They charge an $85 cleaning fee which was pricy based on the cleanliness of our room.
We enjoyed our stay at Chelan Resort Suites once we learned all the nuances(taking the cargo box of my SUV), keypads, one elevator, no staff etc. We would return by renting one of the 104,204,304,404 rooms but otherwise it feels like a nice hotel without all of the hotel amenities. Depends on what you require. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Look for the rooms 204 and 304
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My family (three children under 10 and my spouse) and I rented a fourth floor unit last Summer. The condo was nice and clean, fully furnished with nice quality finishes. The master bedroom and living room had a view of the lake, which was pleasant. The small balcony had the same view, plus a view of the Best Western, the parking lots, and smaller buildings. Noise from the parking ot was not a problem at night, but we did have a couple of brief nighttime disturbances when people walked by our front door (outdoor halls made of pressed concrete that tend to echo.)

The staff were nice enough, but not overly so like you would expect from a four star hotel (these are condos, after all). The indoor pool and jacuzzi were fine: clean and comfortable with dressing rooms and patio chairs.

The Suites are about a three minute walk to the nearby waterfront park, which has apmple room to spread out, swim in the lake (it has safety barriers to keep out water traffic), play on the playground, etc.

Overall I would consider going back again given the quality vs. the price, but ONLY if it was a top floor unit. I would never stay in a 100s, 200s, or 300s unit. The location is good if you are coming from highway 90 and plan to spend most of your time at the lake, downtown, or at the waterslide park. The location is a miss if you plan to spend a lot of time at the wineries on the East side of the lake.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Highly recommend this Best Western - off season rates made it a real bargain. Room was large& very clean. Continental breakfast was served in a huge room - great view - food was very good.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

This is a nice condo and close to the Lake but if you think any of these rooms have a good view, think again. All of the rooms on the lake side overlook the parking lot and the Best Western Motel. The rooms on the other side overlook the highway. Two rooms on the side have a little view out of one window. Not much in the way of restaurants in Lake Chelan.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bothell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We went in the middle of August. We brought a boat that we moored at the City Marina. It was a very relaxing time. These units are very quiet. Usually in condos you get noise from people shutting doors and flushing toilets etc. These are quiet. Our unit had beautiful tiled bathrooms and hardwood floors. We were a short walk from the park and my wife and I went down there in the evening and sat on a bench and just chilled. Our kitchen had everything we needed. we asked the front desk for suggestions on restaurants and we had a great stay, the front desk was pleasant and helpful and the unit was clean and quiet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wilmington, Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I read the reviews on the site but I also contacted the rental agency and was I suprised! I was shown pictures of the way nvreid left the property.....I would be ashamed to leave someone elses property in such a mess! Having worked in the service sector for years, it never ceases to amaze me how someone can rent a hotel room or a condo and not clean up after themselves. I can only hope those folks clean their house better than they do the property they rent. In my opinion, vacation is no excuse to be sloppy or dirty. Making beds is one thing...leaving food stains and dishes, etc lying about is quite another. I found the property to be quite pleasant and enjoyed my stay. I also left it reasonably tidy....others should do the same...otherwise prices go up to help pay for the slobs.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Chelan Resort Suites? Share your experiences!