“Stay away, ant infested, rude managers.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grandview On The Lake

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chelan
Grandview On The Lake
322 W. Woodin Ave, PO Box 1509, Chelan, WA 98816   |
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Chelan
Seattle, Washington
“Stay away, ant infested, rude managers.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Let me start out by saying that I have never in my life walked out of a hotel room and refused to pay. But the dilapidated room, and the lack of customer service was the worst that I have ever encountered. These are the kind of accommodations that you would expect out of a hotel that charges by the hour, and not the kind of place that charges $750.00 for three nights. To start off, when we checked in, we were informed that for some incomprehensible reason room service is not provided unless you ask for it. There is an accepted method of refusing room service with a Do Not Disturb sign that doesn't create the need for an unnecessary request. Then we were given bad directions to our room, but after about ten minutes of wandering aimlessly we found room 722. Then the problems really began... The first thing we noticed was the disgusting carpet our feet were sticking to. It was stained badly and in need of a cleaning or replacement. The next was the Jacuzzi tub that I specifically asked about when reserving the room turned out to be broken. Five of the six jets did not work. So we decided to lie on the bed and watch TV. The bed turned out to have no blanket, as a matter of fact there was no blanket anywhere in the room, and of course the tv was broken. It had a line of dead pixels that ran its length horizontally. However, despite the fact that there was no blanket we did finally manage to fall asleep. In the morning when I awoke (freezing cold) I found that ANTS had overrun the room. I mean they were everywhere, and it was evident that the cleaning staff must have known about the problem because the morning sun unveiled more detail than the night had allowed, and there were dead ants all over a chair in the room. They must have been killed with some kind of poison and just left there. There were too many ants for any other explanation. There was a myriad other problems with the room but I think I should just stick to the major issues as this is already getting too long. The last nail in the coffin though... the most unforgivable offense… was how unbelievably rude the manager Chris was when I brought up these issues. I explained to him we were upset and told him about the issues we had. He said that I was being “over the top,” and let me just say that I was not screaming, cursing, or being condescending in any way. That is not my style, but Chris tried to turn the tables on me and make it sound like I had done something wrong. There was nothing resembling customer service in our conversation. I do have to say that in the end I did get my money back, this is the only thing they did right in their handling of the situation. But that being said, they definitely managed to ruin the first day of our vacation. To make a long story short, when you go to Chelan stay somewhere else… stay anywhere else. I wound up at the Mary Whiley's Mansion B&B and enjoyed the rest of my trip

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Stanwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Thank you Chris at the front desk. I took my 16 year old son on a driving road trip with no plans. Chris was so nice and gave us an awesome room at a great rate. It made our week. Thanks again for your great customer service!! All the rooms are waterfront and very nice.

• Stayed August 2012
Lacey, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Smoking is permitted on the premises and smokers love this place. They're everywhere. Noise, loud noise, goes on until midnight. Staff doesn't care. Boats wander through swimmers.
This place is grossly overrated. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

There were ants in the room...bugs all over. We booked a room with a kitchenette and when we got our room there was no kitchen. Our room was on the second floor and no elevator so we had to carry everything up the stairs. We had made reservations well in advance and front desk nothing was available so we were stuck. The comforter was torn and feathers were flying everywhere in the room. The sheets had stains on them. There were bed bugs and we could not sleep at night becasue of it. It was terrible. Not going back to this hotel AGAIN.

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel...Campbells across the street seems so much better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first time at Lake Chelan and it was BEAUTIFUL!! We stayed in Room 201 and it was great! It overlooked the pool and had a great view of the lake. I could have sat on the that patio all day long! The room was very clean and nice and the bed was very comfortable.

Some negatives:The room did not have lights which was a little frustrating-All it had was lamps. I was a little disappointed in the shower head--it was not very relaxing in my opinion and when we're paying that much you'd think it'd be a little nicer. The front desk called this a "Jacuzzi suite" but there was no Jacuzzi to be seen in our room. The parking here was kind of weird and the vending machines were hard to find. The only other thing I'd change about this place was the Bar! The drinks were DELICIOUS but $9 each! YIKES!! The bars had really weird hours too.....

No it wasn't perfect, but i would most definitely stay at Grandview on the Lake again! The staff was really friendly and helpful! The pool and hot tub are AMAZING!There is a nice grill you can use to grill dinner on. Take blow up mattresses for the pool/lake! There is an air compressor to use for free to blow them up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The place is nice 160$ a night nice not so much. We had the pleasure of drunken guess banging on her door from 1am-5am trying to get her passed out boyfriend up to let her in her room. Normally this would not be a problem but the hotel does not have anyone staffed after 10pm for some reason even though it was fully booked. Supposedly there is a security guard but I never saw him and figured of he was awake he would have heard the gal kicking the door to her room with Jedi strength. After confronting management about he didn't seem to care much about. Next time I think we will stay at Campbells.

• Stayed August 2012
Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just got back from Grandview today. It was my girlfriend and her Moms first time to Chelan and we had an amazing time. The room was awesome we were in #640 which was a three bedroom and it was huge. The beds were comfortable and it felt like we were at home, Can't beat the view and location. The kids LOVED the pool and hot tub area and the jump into the lake was amazing. What a great place!! Can't wait for next year! There is no restaurant or fitness center, but a quick walk to town you can find it all there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grandview On The Lake? Share your experiences!