“Another great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Kent, Washington
“Another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This year I was only there overnight with a girlfriend. I treated her for her birthday. Less than 3 hours to get there from Seattle makes this quite easy, even just for over night.
I booked online so I didn't talk with a person when I made the reservations. I booked a room with 2 queen beds. The rooms are all nicely updated in a soft blue and brown decor. The room was quite big and we had a fabulous view of the lake. Unfortunately, we also had a perfect view of the pool [and the noise] Turned out it rained that afternoon so no one was using the pool so it didn't matter at all. I would avoid building 3 in the future for this reason only. Building one seems to be the quietest and the one I like best. With that said one of the great things about this resort is how respectful everyone is of the quiet hours and other rules they have in place that make this a great property.
The check in was super smooth. We got there early because we had spa appointments and they took my cell number and called me when the room was ready. Everyone at the desk that I dealt with was very nice.
I would always recommend this resort and can't wait to go back.
We ate lunch and dinner at their Veranda pub....Molly was our waitress both meals. She did a great job and the food [and drinks] were yummy.

Room Tip: choose building 1 for a quieter room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a great first time experience at Campbell's. Starting with Check-in, Carmila behind the counter, greeted us with a smile and was really helpful at answering my questions! The room was clean, which is the most important to me, and looked out at the beautiful lake! We are coming back every year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mill Creek, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This past weekend (first of August) my wife and I made a road trip to Lake Chelan--a place we've heard about for years, but had never visited. All of our friends urged us to get a room at the Campbell's Resort in Chelan, WA--right on the shore of Lake Chelan. We did, and we were so impressed with this restaurant/lodge/hotel that has been in service since 1901. It was grown and changed with the decades that have passed, but the service is up to date, and the accommodations are very comfortable. We had a large room with a King sized bed, with every room having a lake-side view. Our room had a flat screen TV, a fireplace, was air-conditioned. We enjoyed our "happy hour" each evening on our own personal deck. The service was relaxed, but every staff member seemed eager to please. Lawn and beach front were well kept. We especially enjoyed the day-long boat trip on the "Lady of the Lake II" from Chelan to Stehekin some fifty miles away on the opposite end of this third deepest lake in the USA.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is very quiet, and afford the best view of the lake. There are elevators to transp...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I were on a epic road trip that led us from Seattle to Jasper National Park in Canada. We then went from Jasper to Banff and then to Hayden, Idaho. We wanted to enjoy Lake Chelan just for a day before heading back to Seattle so we booked one night to stay at the Campbell's resort. We booked Campbell's because it was rated #1 in Lake Chelan and although expensive, I wanted to stay at a nice place for my family. I was traveling with my parents and my wife and two kids (ages 4 & 2). On the phone when I made the reservations, I was allowed to book 1 room for all of us. It was a bit tight but we wanted to stick to our budget. I was honest and clear about the number in my party and the guy said, "no problem" to reserving us 1 room for 1 night.

When we got there, I was forced to get 2 rooms because of their policy of having no more than 5 in a room. I totally understood that it was breaking fire-code but I felt that they should've told me that before I booked the room. They should not have booked the room for us in the first place. At the check-in, the guy was nice enough to try to cut me some slack but taking a few dollars off, but it was literally just a few bucks. I was really sad and unhappy that I had to get another room and the room that they gave us wasn't even a great room... 5414. This room was a long walk and very small. It was also noisy at night from what I hear from my parents. ... and to pay an extra few hundred bucks for one night?! Not cool! And our original room wasn't even ready when we got there. We got there a bit early, but it's just hard to enjoy their amenities when you can't change or get settled in. I felt like they took their time and was very slow about things.

When Campbell's made the mistake with the reservation, they should be the ones to own up to it, not the costumer. I don't think I should be forced to get a second room or have the guy at check in telling me, "you can look for another place in town to stay in you want and here are the numbers for you." Didn't feel like they treated me and my family well at all. Very disappointed with Campbell's.

I will say that the location is amazing! The room on Lodge 3, third floor... when it was ready for us was really spacious and very clean. The view was great from the balcony. The beach was great and so was the pool. Just not sure if we'll go back there again though because it left such a sour taste in my mouth with what happened.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ClintonDCampbell, Owner at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We appreciate this feedback as a way for us to improve our operation. We’ve contacted this guest and are working on making things right.
Cairo Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

For eight years my husband and I have taken our family of 10 to this resort on the shores of Lake Chelan in E. Washington. This resort is designed for families; the rooms are set up with fridges, microwaves, toaster, coffee pot, dishes and everything one needs to keep a family comfortable. The food in the restaurants is quite good, the sandy beaches perfect and the two swimming pools and two hot tubs are kept in perfect condition. Quiet is required from 10pm-8am so nights are wonderful. Each unit has a balcony overlooking the lake and is large enough for a family of 2 adults and a few kids. There is snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boards, swim rafts both close in and further out for better swimmers and the water is pure and clean. There is an excellent full service spa and the small, delightful town is next to the resort and has Starbucks, Safeway and lots of restaurants, book stores and the historic Ruby Theater.

I can't recommend this wonderful family resort more highly.

Room Tip: During the summer months it is usually fully booked so call well ahead. Many rooms are booked a ful...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great week in Chelan, enjoyed breakfast at Campbell's and toured the grounds. Nice rooms, clean lobby and grounds. Good meal with friendly and welcoming staff. Wonderful waterfront lawn and beach/dock areas for the entire family. Water is clear, clean and mountain feed. Enjoyed the snorkeling and kayaking. Bring your own water gear!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just left the resort after our 10th consecutive year of family vacation at Campbell's and once again it was a wonderful experience. The key to this property is that it is the centerpiece of the entire town and is simply an extraordinary piece of real estate. If you truly want the best possible experience you must spring for the bottom floor rooms which allow you to open your sliding door and walk thru the manicured grass right to the sandy beach. Being able to jump up and use your own bathroom or grab a cold one out of your fridge is worth every extra dollar that these rooms cost. These rooms are hard to get and we had to spend a few years splitting our stay between the upper rooms until we finally have secured a ground floor unit that we book for next year as we leave.
The only negatives that I have is that for the price that is charged you would like to have a few more upscale amenities such as room service and pay per view movies. Also I was a little disappointed that the restaurant was not willing to make us a birthday cake or dessert. Seems like with us being such loyal customers that this would have been doable. That said, I look forward to our return next year!

Room Tip: Get to the bottom floor even if it's only for a night or two!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan? Share your experiences!