“Certainly would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chehalis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Victoria, Canada
“Certainly would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Hotel staff were very friendly,helpful, and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast was great with lots of variety. One thing missing is a Resturant and bar area. Applebee's was a mile away. Looks like in the future a bar resturant and in the plans next to the property. Otherwise good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed 5 nights here. We usually (or used to) stayed at the King Oscar which is a few miles north when we were in this area; but I decided not to stay at the KO unless I see some remodeling/improvement. So we ventured to this HIE for the first time.
Everything was perfect except for the infamous train noise. It didn’t make us crazy though. As long as the window is shut, it won’t wake you up. If you leave the window open, you probably won’t be able to sleep and you will wake up if you happened to fall in sleep between the train runs. The train runs rather often; with the busiest, every 30 minutes - day or night. It was not a deal breaker for us but I can understand that for some it will be a major irritant.
The in room microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker were clean and in good condition. I couldn’t figure out how to use the AM/FM/MP3 apparatus (built in alarm worked fine) but I didn’t care much. There was no bath tub; just a shower with good water pressure.
Breakfast was served punctually; when I was there at 6 am, hot food was hot and cold food was cold all ready to go. The counter and tables were all clean and spacious. They even offered real tableware and I like that.
The week we stayed, there were several Red Cross and Washington State Department of Transportation staff staying there and the hotel was busy. I heard a front desk staff answering the phone and telling the caller there was no vacancy.
Even with that rather constant train noise, this hotel will be our favorite in this area from now on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
tchaput, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Chehalis. It is our goal to take care of every guests needs with prompt and friendly service. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice in the area and we look forward to seeing you again.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have really enjoyed the HI Express on this trip (3 stays this trip). I stayed twice in sandpoint and once in chehalis. Good breakfast, clean rooms , my only complaint for the Chehalis HI is the lack of suites for families. They did however include a rollaway at no charge. We were charged for a rollaway at other hotels on this trip.

Room Tip: I now check for a holiday inn express at each stop on my trip. For a family the cost of going out fo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
tchaput, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Greeting from Chehalis. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We pride ourselves with prompt and friendly service and pay extra attention to the cleanliness of our rooms. As stated, our suites are "mini suites" and not the best for a family looking for for a one or two room option. I am glad that the rollaway worked for you though. Hope to see you again in the future on your next trip to the area.

Cordially,

Rancho Cucamonga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Ok, in the middle of a Po-dunk town this is like a 5 star resort. It's not compared to a large city, but very nice. NEW, Clean, flat screen tv, comfy beds, nicely decorated, modern and contemporary. We went here on our way from Seattle to Mt. St Helens. I was very disappointed from our trip to the volcano, so we went on to Portland and Vancouver, WA to see the sites, eat and such. Its a nice break on the way back North, but certainly no destination. Small indoor pool with jacuzzi. Jacuzzi was luke warm at best, and low water level. The pool was cool, but not cold, so the whole experience was blah.

Room Tip: Seattle is just over an hour or so away North and Portland to the South as well.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express in Chehalis. Sorry that your trip to Mt St Helens didn't turn out, but I am glad we could offer a quick respite for you as you were heading back north. I am sorry about the jacuzzi. We were having some temperature control issues that have now been addressed. I appreciate the kind words concerning our amenities and service. Our first and only goal is to ensure our customers satisfaction. Thank you again.

General manager
Baku, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I spent an unexpected night in Chehalis in early June while my car was being repaired, and the staff here were very friendly and accommodating, in addition to being sympathetic to my car troubles :)

The room I was in was spacious and comfortable, with both a fridge and a microwave, which always come in handy. I enjoyed having a desk with a comfortable swivel chair, and an ethernet cable for broadband access, as well as a good WiFi signal. The night I spent was quiet and restful, with no train noises that I could detect.

The morning continental breakfast was as expected, and I appreciated the noon checkout time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Hello from Chehalis. I trust that your car troubles are behind you. I appreciate your remarks about our service and room amenities. We strive to accomodate every guests needs with sincerity and it shows in our service. If you are ever in the Chehalis area again, please stop in but hopefully it will be under better circumstances. Have a wonderful day.

Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Chehalis, WA for one night. It was a quick stop-over on a longer trip. Arriving late (11:30pm) we were greeted warmly by the front desk personnel, and given a welcome bag (as a Priority Club member). It was a simple gesture, and a nice touch. We popped the popcorn from the gift bag, and put the bottled water in the room’s mini-fridge, so it would be cold for the drive the next day.

The room was nice and seemed new. King bed, with a lightweight down comforter encased in two flat sheets, plus lots of pillows. Desk with office chair, flat screen TV. Plenty of seating, including a loveseat and couple of upholstered chairs and footstool, plus a small dining table and chairs. Mini kitchen had the fridge, microwave, coffee maker, bar sink, and basic disposable dishes. The bathroom had adequate counter space, and a step-in shower with frosted glass door. If you want a room with a tub, I guess you would need to request that.

The worst feature was very slow wireless internet service.

Breakfast was mediocre – scrambled eggs (seemed like from a powder or mix), ham, biscuits and gravy, bagels, cinnamon rolls, small yogurts. The only fruit was whole bananas. Four kinds of juices, but they kept running out of the concentrate so the machine would just dispense very watery juice. Coffee was good.

I slept through the trains that apparently ran by during the night, but my husband said he heard them several times. Nice landscaping and flowers near front entry and parking area. It felt very safe and secure. Overall the hotel felt comfortable, very clean, and pretty new.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. Your room description was almost a commercial for us. We pride ourselves on superior service with a clean and comfortable room. We have made some improvements to the wireless and doubled the speed and capacity. At peak use times it was slow. We are continually looking at ways to imporve our breakfast and I appreciate your honest remarks. I am glad that we were able you a safe and comfortable option for your night in Chehalis. If you are ever out in the area again please stop in and let us know how we are doing.

Ringgold, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I thought it was a new hotel, but they told me it has just been refurbished. It really looked brand new. Everything was great except the train does run pretty close. We heard it a few times during the night, but anywhere you stay in Chehalis has the train track.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia? Share your experiences!