“Only cheap - nothing else.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Centralia

You added Travelodge Centralia to your Saves list
Travelodge Centralia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   702 Harrison Avenue, Centralia, WA 98531 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
“Only cheap - nothing else.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

For the price we expected not much but we´ve been really disappointed. The room smelt stuffy and was very worn. The bed was terrifying so we get not too much sleep although we had a room in the backside of the building. Nevertheless the breakfest was ok, the internet worked relativly quick and the room was reasonably clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Centralia, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Warning ! Just because you make reservations ...dont mean your getting a room! Front desk girl was rude and truely embarassed me. I made reservations for Aug 11 to Aug 15. made these reservations in late july early August.. Went to check in on the morning of the 11th. The fron desk girl says she cant let us have the room on the 15th because it was FULL! I said yes it is full because i reserved it.she did confirm my reservaton but procceded to tell me there was nothing she could do! Frustratrated and now in a bind, I went ahead and paid for the room from the 11th to the 14th. I counted out the cash and handed it to her., i was mad and now a line was forming behind me. She takes the money hold a $20 bill up to the light and asked where did you get this money?? I said the bank! she says ooh well it looks old. , She was being rude , like it was dirty money.. I left and went scrambling to look for a room for the 15th ..found new accomodations for the 15th returned to Travel Lodge to get my key . (about 5 She hours later), She then tells me oh you can now have that room for the 15th.. Well to late now!!!!!!!! Because of her lack of customer service skills, i spent 5 hours running around trying to find a decent place to stay for 1 night.. she humilated me while others were standing behind me in line. NEVER AGAIN will i go there .and you can bet if travel lodge dont correct this problem MY friends wont ever go there either... RUDE RUDE RUDE!

Room Tip: make reservations else where.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
shelby, ia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was a good budget hotel. Our room was large with a sofa. It looked like it had been recently remodeled. There was a sign that said it was now open. So it must have been closed for awhile. Maybe for a remodel. The carpet looked new. Cleanliness was acceptable. Beds were comfortable. There was a coffee maker in the room which is a must for us. Our room was in the back of the hotel so it was very quiet. Close to a great Mexican restaurant. And best of all-The Outlet Stores are right across the road on both sides of the interstate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just needed to find a place for a one night stay. Glad I picked this place because the staff was very friendly and had no problem moving my room from the front of the hotel by the road, to the back, where it may have been a little quieter. Nice brand new pool which my kids and I enjoyed very much, and it was close to everything I needed. Right off of the freeway, next to the outlet stores and the Softball fields / Park. It also has a neat little park / skate park area behind it. The rooms were great for what we paid, and the continental breakfast was nice also. Being an Apartment maintenance Supervisor, I really tend to over critique a lot of places I stay, and I see they are really working on upgrading this place for the better. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I came up to WA from San Francisco for his brother's wedding and needed to find a reasonable, yet nice hotel in town. I'm so glad we picked the Travelodge! We had a beautiful and spacious room with lots of light and two big comfy beds! Infact, I the beds were SO comfortable that I slept better there than I do at my own home. (And it's normally really hard for me to sleep on vacation). They had big fluffy brand new pillows and the rest of the bedding was very clean and also seemed brand new. (Not like most cheap hotel blankets that are dirty and thin). The whole entire room was very clean and very quiet. I could not hear the other guests banging around during the night or early in the morning. Also, the continential breakfast was GREAT! Not just normal cereal and sugary rolls, but you could make fresh waffles and biscuits and gravy if you wanted! Amazing! One more thing to add, this hotel has a fridge, microwave, and wireless internet that actually works well! Whoo hoo! All three of those are a necessity for us. I have nothing but positive feedback for this hotel, and we will definitely stay here again when we are back in town visiting the family. It was a very comfortable and pleasant experience!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Easy on/off from I-5 and close eating/gas/city park. Rooms older but clean. Friendly staff. Just fine for overnight stay off the expressway. Excellent interesting restaurant next door with antiques, bee keeping supplies, and good old fashioned large breakfasts.

Room Tip: Avoid #249--it's above the laundry room and shakes when dryers are running.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Black Diamond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our heating system went out in our motor home so we needed to rent a room a couple of times in May to take showers and do laundry. Mindy, the manager, and her staff are incredibly nice people who make you feel very welcome. The rooms are very clean and well maintained.
We will stay at this hotel any time with need to have work done on our motorhome. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're coming into Centralia.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Centralia? Share your experiences!