“Great value, if you don't need amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Centralia

You added Motel 6 Centralia to your Saves list
Motel 6 Centralia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1310 Belmont Ave, I-5/US Hwy 99 at Exit 82, Centralia, WA 98531   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Bloomfield HIlls, Mich USA
“Great value, if you don't need amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

We were pleased to get a dbl rm for $41 after a week of $100/ave rms in area. This was clean, was in good location, & had everything we needed (except a hairdryer). Paying $2.99 extra for wifi is fine. We often arrive late along a car trip, leave early in morning & don't need a lot of amenities. We were surprised on this trip to find the prices of other drop in motels to be close to $100 - admittedly the rooms were larger, more updated. But we don't want to pay $50+ more per nt for a granite counter & breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sandy, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was prepared to be a bit dismayed and some reviews weren't kind.
I even purchased a Lysol spray to bring with me just in case.
I was relieved to find this motel clean and welcoming. I felt safe,
it was very close to shopping and food, and the price was right.
The grounds were maintained...and so was my room. If you
need a lot of amenities, you won't find them. But if you just need
basics for an overnight on-the-road stay, don't pass this bargain by.
I've stayed in many 5 stars hotels and isn't fair to compare a Motel 6
to them. But this was definitely a 5star of the Motel 6 brand. Hope
you get my room or equivalent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Burlington, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Despite the negative reviews decide to try out the Motel 6. My sister & I were on our way to a family get together.We were unable to get a room at the usual hotel I say at when visiting family. Since, we would be late leaving from Seattle decided to book at the Motel 6 in Centralia (which is only an hour from our destination). We found the room clean, no odor other than disinfectant. Shower nothing fancy but it got me clean. Who needs shampoo I always bring my own. I always travel with my own coffee maker and coffee. I did not see drug dealers (as mentioned previously) I did see tired families with children. I did not see any bedbugs, but did see alot of tiny moquistos--"no see um" (across the freeway is a marshy area). The staff was friendly, the room was clean. We were only staying for the evening and left early in the morning (after a breakfast at the "Country Cousin restaurant and wandering thru the outlet mall -all an easy walk) . All we needed was a place to rest for the night. You don't need a 5 star resort for this. I will definitely stay here again in the future,

Stayed August 2010
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

This is very bare bones. A room, two beds, a toilet, shower and that's about it. Only 1 bar of soap is provided, not even shampoo. The room was clean, but I never felt completely comfortable. The room was quite cheap, somewhat around the $35-40 range, so beggars can't be choosers. No free breakfast. I would not stay there again, but it's okay if you just need a place to sleep. Avoid the Denny's that's close-by, service was awful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Nanaimo, B.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Stayed there for just one night. Whenever I walk into a room at Motel 6, one of the first things I do, after spraying all the light switches, door knobs, toilet seat, etc. with Lysol, is to look up at the air vent. At Centralia, I looked up at the ceiling to find filth and cobwebs hanging from the vent. So I could rest assured that the heat wafting down to me from above was carrying that filth into my lungs right along with it.

The carpet was dirty too. But since the room was dimly lit (probably on purpose), that didn't really bother me much. The bedsheets had a few stray hairs, but you never know if those are from the dryer, or were left there by previous occupants. The sink also had hair in it, so it's hard to say. The bed mattress was like a cloth-covered freight crate, and about a foot too short. I'm just over 6', so my feet stuck out at the bottom just like in the cartoons. And the pillows were simply amazing. Two rough lumpy bags that appeared to contain a loose fill of No. 1 grade potatoes. They didn't feel much better under my head either.

Showers always suck at Motel 6, and this one was no exception. It has one of those tiny British phone booth types, with the shower nozzle coming out at you from the front, and a wrap around curtain. The water always hits you in the face no matter what you do. Which reminds of the sink again, where the water scarcely came out at all, and was very slow to heat up.

The maid came knocking at 9:30 the next moring. I guess I should have mentioned to the desk clerk when I checked in that I planned to sleep late. On the other hand, I didn't know that I was going to HAVE TO sleep in, until I spent the night tossing and turning on that miserable bed.

The price was only $36, plus tax. But judging from my experience, I think I was overcharged.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Central Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Since I just need somewhere to sleep, this place does the trick. If I want ammenities, like a coffee pot, microwave, a fridge or inside pool, I would pay more and stay somewhere else. The rooms are in need of renovation, but then the cost would go up. Wifi is only 2.99 more a night, which sometimes I use.
I prefer ground floor rooms on the southside of the building (northside of the building is where all the in/out traffic is. The housekeepers in the morning can be a bit loud, and have knocked on my door which woke me up. It would be nice to have some sort of maid service/do not disturb sign.
I bring my own towel, the ones provided are rough and small. There are soap bars provided, thats it. Like I stated at the beginning, just a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Moses Lake, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We checked in at 4:30 am after a VERY LONG night of driving. I am 9 months pregnant and had wanted to be set on the first floor due to the stairs hurting so much. I had asked the Night Auditor Haus what he could do....he told me VERY rudely that I had the choice of the 2nd floor and not even close to the parking lot so that I could get to my vehicle if I needed to quickly.

The room was musty, and had an odd smell to it, the bed was very uncomfortable. For the price it wasn't worth staying there. I will be finding something MUCH better next time I have to go down there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Centralia? Share your experiences!