“Will not stay here again...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Centralia

You added Motel 6 Centralia to your Saves list
Motel 6 Centralia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1310 Belmont Ave, I-5/US Hwy 99 at Exit 82, Centralia, WA 98531   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Vancouver, Washington
“Will not stay here again...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Upon our arrival at the Motel 6 Centralia (around 3am) we entered the office area to find that the door was locked. We were redirected by signs to the ice machine area where there was a glass divider separating us from the clerk. (the kind you find at a gas station in a dangerous neighborhood) The ice machine was loud and we literally had to yell to communicate with the clerk. This was annoying and sends a message to me that this area is unsafe!

We went to our room to settle in. Upon entry we discovered a much smaller than expected room. Motel 6 rooms tend to be pretty roomy for the price, but this was not the case in Centralia. The TV was old and small and the bed seemed smaller than normal. Even though this was a non smoking room, we were provided with an ash tray and later discovered that there were burn holes in the comforter.
The bed, although small, was comfortable, but the pillows were too soft. We called the front desk in attempt to acquire more pillows, but were told that they could not provide us with any. The water pressure in the sink was really poor, but everything in the bathroom was clean.
Part of the reason we elected to stay at this particular location was due to the large sign on both sides of the property stating “We have WiFi”. Well, this is true (sort of), except what they don’t tell you is that they charge EXTRA for WiFi! I find this to be unacceptable. We have stayed at other Motel 6’s and never been charged for WiFi. In this day and age internet access is practically expected to be in most establishments and really shouldn’t cost extra! It would be kind of like charging more money to have running water in my room! So I called the front desk to gain access to the Internet and was informed that I would have to come to the office and pay for an access code. Ugh! It was late and cold outside, but I really wanted to begin writing my Trip Advisor review and watch some Hulu! So I marched downstairs in the rain and cold and paid the $3.23 for an access code.
I returned to the room to start accessing the Internet…. Or so I thought…. The WiFi access point would not connect to the Internet! Ugh! I called the front desk again and was told that I would have to call another 800 number to get tech support! So I called the tech support number and sat on hold for 13 minutes before talking to a human. The support agent told me that he would try to reset the connection remotely (from some other state), but that he wasn't sure if it would work. He said that he believed the issue was local and that an agent would need to come out to the property to reset something. He told me that I should wait 20 minutes to see if his remote reset had work and if it didn't then I would be out of luck. Well…. It didn't work!

In the morning I was in a hurry, and now I needed to go to the front desk to get a refund for my WiFi code. The refund went surprisingly well….. which makes me think that this happens frequently.

Overall the experience wasn't great. Had it not been for the WiFi problems I would have rated this experience as average - below average, but since I feel I was somewhat tricked into paying for something that should be included with my room rate, I am going to rate this property as “Poor”. We gamble frequently at the Lucky Eagle Casino and it's much cheaper to stay in nearby Centralia than at the casino, but next time we will return to the King Oscar instead.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and don't expect Internet access!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Seattle, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

My room was clean and the staff was very friendly. This motel has a great location. It is right off of the freeway. The outlet mall is a short walk away and the motel is also within easy walking distance of two diners. It's not fancy, but it's good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
PNW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Floor was quite soiled and dirty. Non-smoking room but several holes burnt in bedding. Laundered but still visible stains on sheets.

Location was ok and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here with a friend while on a cycling trip. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The towels were clean and sufficient but not what one would call luxury quality. The motel does not provide tissues in any of the rooms nor is there any shampoo or other toiletries. The TV was an older 17" model. No flat screen. No HD. We had a pool view from our 2nd story room. All rooms have an exterior entry door rather than an interior entry. The motel is located within walking distance of an outlet mall, several restaurants, a supermarket, and a Starbucks.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room as they tend to be quieter than the other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Port Orchard, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Not only were people living in this motel, we traveled once with my husband on a business trip and while giving my Toddler a shower a tip of a rubber glove fell out of the shower curtan, blood stains were on the floor, WIFI was not offered to us at check in and when we called to get it they were unwilling to relocate us to a room were it was available... this hotel is unsafe, unsanatiary, and downright discusting!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
m60394, General Manager at Motel 6 Centralia, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We apologize for the condition of your room. We strive to offer our guests a clean, comfortable, and safe room throughout all of our properties and we are, once again, deeply sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at Motel 6.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Had I known the sleep experience I would have had, I would have opted to spent a little more on another hotel. ANY OTHER.
My wife and I stopped there late one night on our way.
The reception made me feel like I was going to visit someone in jail (glass divider, sliding the card under the glass etc').
The room smelled horrible, the beds were springy, the pillows were hard and uncomfortable, the shower was cracked.
I don't know what kind detergent they use on their sheets but my wife was all itchy all night.
We went to bed around midnight but left just 4 hour later since there was no point trying to sleep and we still a long way to drive.
This was supposed to refresh us towards a long day's drive but did just the opposite.
On our way back we found a Best Western and for $30 more had a perfect night.
NEVER EVER GOING TO STAY IN MOTEL 6 EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
m60394, Manager at Motel 6 Centralia, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
We apologize for your bad experience during your stay. We have taken steps to correct the issues and provide an more comfortable stay for our guests. Although we do not like to hear that your trip was made less enjoyable do to your stay, we do appreciate being made aware of the situation you experienced.
We sincerly hope that you enjoyed the rest of your journey.
Thank you for taking the time to point out the areas in need of improvement.
Port orford, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

We had a wonderful time at the Motel 6 in Centralia. It was May 2010 and we decided to go for a swim in the outdoor pool while it was raining. The kids & I loved it. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the employees were warm and friendly. We will visit again June 2011. Nice and affordable.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Centralia? Share your experiences!