“Very good pasta..just waiting too long” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Centralia
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a Medditerranean restaurant in the heart of historic downtown Centralia. We offer market style lunch 5 days a week and a fabulous sit down dinner menu 4 days a week. We feature live jazz piano on the first and third Friday of every month. We pride ourselves on serving authentic Mediterranean dishes using hand-selected meat, seafood and produce. Boccata offers a moderately priced wine list featuring some local wines as well as many from Italy, France, Spain, and select Mediterranean Islands.
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good pasta..just waiting too long”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a family run deli/restaurant, pasta, pizza were good, just waiting for the food takes too long,about an hour, not enough helper, just one man and one woman waiting on all tables. Pretty busy place,could be better with extra waitress.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not as presented.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a deli! I was expecting pasta dishes. The food is good, we had the special so that won't be on the regular menu. Only salami type choices for meat. The fries are nice and garlicky. So if you go here it's just a sand with shop.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lewis, Washington, United States
“Quaint place with delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I ate here for a date night, while on a marriage retreat. I have to say, the food was incredible! It was very flavorful with authentic taste. I highly recommend eating at this restaurant if you enjoy Mediterranean/Italian food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“If you should ever have occasion to be this way...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

If you should ever have occasion to be this way (and gawd knows I plan to never again have occasion to be this way but I don't know how you roll) stop here for lunch or dinner. Trust me on this.

Yes, I am giving a shout out to a place I never intend to dine at again. It was that good...

Perhaps I should explain...

Was in Centralia to clear up a matter of a speeding ticket. I live NO WHERE near Centralia, but made the mistake of passing nearby at an excessive speed on the the interstate. Some number of years later, I learn I am unable to secure a Washington Driver's License - even though I've never had a Washington State Driver's license - because of that day gone by long ago.

So...I travel to Centralia, make whatever restitution was demanded (which apparently had to be done in person), and head out of town cursing the place and it legal system, when I am forced to acknowledge I am hungry. Since my traveling companion felt the same way, we hunted for place and came about this one thanks to Yelp (her idea - not mine. I hate Yelp).

Boy am I glad we did.

A truly memorable meal. Very simple, mind you - this is not 5 star Michelin dinning. But superb.

Also heard an interesting story about a guy, his gun, and the cops. I don't think those type incident happen very often however, so please, don't let it keep you away.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centralia, Washington
“Delish place to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Boccata is a wonderful place to enjoy a yummy deli-style sandwich for lunch or, later, a delicious "grown-up" type of dinner. It's a great place to come, to have a quiet dinner and just enjoy the food and good dinner conversation.

Visited March 2014