“Trying in Grief” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Inn Centralia

You added Lakeview Inn Centralia to your Saves list
Lakeview Inn Centralia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1325 Lakeshore Dr, Centralia, WA 98531 (Formerly Centralia Travel Inn Express)   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
“Trying in Grief”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

I was trying to book a room for my daughter for two nights, who is flying home on emergency leave because her grandfather just died and I couldn't get anybody to try and work with me. Cannot pay over the phone, so a special trip into town to make payment. More money when they heard that I might stay one night with her so she wouldn't have to be alone. Totally cold and uncaring of our grief. I don't care how nice the place is, I wouldn't stay there.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
centralialakeview, Manager at Lakeview Inn Centralia, responded to this review, March 14, 2015
Thank you for taking out time to review us online. I am sorry that we could not work with you to pay for the room over the phone. Due to the increase in fraud cases, it is our company policy to either have the credit card and the authorized user present or have it authorized via fax. There is no greed involved as the room types you were requesting for were different on the two days. Since you were going to spend time at the hotel, we would have gladly accepted your credit card then. We already have the most reasonable prices, however sympathizing with your grief we did offer a lower rate. I hope we could work together in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Newberg, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Front desk clerk was great. Clean, well-furnished room with a desk with a lower tray for a keyboard. (Nice touch, I thought). The fan on the heater was noisy, so we shut it off - it wasn't a cold day. The hotel was cheek by jowl with the freeway, so there was some traffic noise. With a few carefully positioned trees, it would have had a pleasant view. But didn't. The breakfast room was nice, with lots of windows, but all one saw was the freeway.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a lakeview.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Oroville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stopped here for one night, on the way to Canada. We were looking at all the hotels in the area, and we were glad we finally chose this one. What can I say? It was better than we expected. This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. The location is the best part! We had a downstairs room, so we could just step out the back door, right out to the lake. There aren’t many hotels, where you can step out your door, and fish or kayak. There is even a small grill, so you can cook up your catch, on the spot.
The room was nice, and relatively clean, so was the bathroom. The view was great. There was a fridge, microwave, and TV with free On Demand. The hotel had breakfast, and coffee, and there were restaurants nearby. What more can you ask for?
I am amazed all this only cost us $66. What a deal!

The only complaints I have, is that one of the towels had what appeared to be blood, and there was some vomit on the carpet, which I stepped in. Also, traffic is a bit loud, and I didn't like that people could see into our room. There was also some drunk lady banging on our door, at 3 in the morning. Other than that, this hotel was perfect, and had everything you want in a hotel, which rarely happens.
Definitely recommend this place, if you’re visiting this area.

Room Tip: Get a downstairs room, so you can open your door, and walk right out to the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Second stay and still pleased with the service and price. Keep up the good job . Awesome management .decent breakfast , couldn't have asked anything more for the price I paid . Great deal. Certainly go back on my next travel.

• Stayed May 2014
BRITISH COLUMBIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our third stay at this hotel. Generally very quiet but this time the wind and rain were carrying the I-5 sound to us in the early morning. A beautiful view of the lake out our window. We were able to find about 5 species of bird in the lake without going out into the rain.

Breakfast are standard. Good internet connection.

Restaurants are not within walking distance so you need to drive into Centralia.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view over the lake. Rooms closest to the office are also closest to the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stopped by on my way to California.Checked in late at night ; had no problems with that.Raj the Manager was very welcoming, helped me with my stuff. quiet and very clean rooms. smelled fresh and breakfast was nice( waffles, cereal , muffin ,coffee and apple and orange juice). It was overall over my expectation , great for the price.Will go back again if i get a chance.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are renovated .new carpet and paint.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

So after reading the reviews I still had to go as was too tired to travel any farther.. The name has changed and the motel is going under complete renovation .. Even with that I was given a nice room, was complety satisfied by the Manager service.. Looking at the renovation done it will turn out to be the best motel in town.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Lakeview Inn Centralia? Share your experiences!