This was our fourth trip to GWL; a girls weekend for me and my two daughters, ages 12 and 9.
A trip to GWL is all about the kids, it is not a relaxing time for parents, so just keep that in mind! Be prepared for kids running wild throughout the hotel and waterpark. It's all part of the fun.
There have been some changes since our last visit. Some good, some not so good...
- A new MagiQuest game has been added: Shadow Quest. It's a bit more difficult than the regular game, so it's good for older players.
- the Teen area 'gr8space' is gone.
- Cubclub is in the lobby
- A glow-in-the-dark mini golf game has been added in the old CubClub space. $6 per person
- A 'Forest Challenge' game has been added in the old Gr8space area. $10 per person
- The wave pool is now a pathetic 'slightly wavy' pool.
- There are two main restaurants, but only one was open during out stay.
The kids had fun, but I was very disappointed in the water park during our stay. The water was so cold, apparently due to a broken heater. The hot tubs were not open at all, for the same reason.
The most disappointing though, was the wave pool. On previous trips, the wave pool was my kids' favorite part of the whole water park. The waves were huge; over a meter high, and it was great fun to bob around in them. During this stay, the waves were tiny...maybe 20 cm high. It was terrible! I hope this isn't a permanent change, or we probably won't return.
Our room was good, and housekeeping was super efficient.
I recommend asking for a room on the ground floor with a patio. You can go right out the sliding door to your car. Very convenient.
I would only make reservations here for a standard family suite if the price was around $130/night. Of course, I don't visit during peak times because it is insanely busy. Try to visit during the week, and sign up for their emails so you can get a good deal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Centralia
- Great Wolf Resort
- Great Wolf Lodge Washington/Centralia