“uh oh” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carson
London, United Kingdom
“uh oh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

this stay was to say the least...interesting. my mother and i headed to Carsons springs for a bit pampering, this is not what followed. the place itself was deserted and spooky, the staff did not communicate well at all which is always worrying when your trying anything new let alone when you have been told to strip naked. the redeeming feature was the amazing massage. however this was followed by a rusty, moss filled bath with scorching hot water, surrounded by a moulded shoer curtain. i stuck one foot in, fel as if i had bin burnt and called it quits. my mother persued and was hen given a 'body wrap'. she lasted roughly 5 minutes before the mouldy ceiling put her of and she asked to leave.
overall my mother and i were able to laugh the whole thing of, though i'm not sure this would of been the case had we been staying over night!
if you like rustic (understatement) go for it, otherwise ......stay well away!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I have been going to Carson Hot Springs [rings since 1976. I have no problem with the accomondations and I love the rustic atomosphere. In fact back in the day I stayed in rooms in the hotel buiding, bare light bulbs and all. I was quite put off when the new owners lied to me about the room. I wanted a king bed but they said they were booked up. They obviously were not. In fact there were only 3 folks staying in the hotel. When I asked they said they were going to have a wedding party come in on Sunday and have to get ready for them. I checked and the church they mentioned did not have a Wedding and we hung out and nobody from any wedding party showed up. I did get the two Queen beds for the Price of the King only after explaining to the guy that I wan/t stupid and did not want to pay for Two Queens when it was obvious they were not booked up. I can get by the rustic elements, in fact that is why I go there, I just don't like being lied to again and again. All they had to do is tell the truth, that is that they only clean the rooms once in a while and don't have dedicated housekeeping. I hope they take care of the place so we can continue to enjoy it (the bath portion) but doubt that we will stay in the hotel only because of the lies.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Carson hotels

Tri Cities WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

hiked over 40 miles in the surrounding area, also had mineral bath soak, wrap and massage... Wonderful!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Please save yourself the despair and anger and DO NOT go to this "resort." I am unsure if the hotel has recently come under new management or has simply been allowed to decay into its current state but this place is nothing like what is advertised on its website. Myself along with my extended family of three traveled from Seattle expecting a relaxing, leisurely mini-vacation at this place. We found that not only was the "resort" situated in a nearly non-existent, lowly town but the hotel itself looked like a ghost town. After calling ahead to switch our room accommodations from two, two room queens to one, two room queen the owner or manager told us that the hotel was "packed" for the weekend. To say the least we were upset by the false testament that the owner gave us. We arrived in the evening to find three other cars in the over sized parking lot with no one around. As we entered the run down lobby we found our keys on the counter. It appears that this "resort" has not been remodeled or even maintained for many years. As we proceeded to our rooms we found that the heaters spewed room temperature air, in the already freezing bedroom. To the mortification of my cousin we found long dark hairs and what appeared to be pubic hairs on the linen on the bed. The pillows seemed to have gone unwashed for several weeks as they took on a yellow tinge. The room was overall a mess. The trash can was already full and the towels looked used. We were forced to spend the night after realizing that there was no other possible lodging options in the meager town.
Hoping to redeem our nightmarish stay, the next morning we headed for the advertised, mineral hot springs. Instead we found a lurid, murky, looking bath house. As we proceeded inside we saw two rows of ancient, tubs. The tubs looked rusted and filthy in an already dark and putrid room. We asked the masseuse where the hot springs were, to which she replied "there are no actual hot springs, we just fill the tubs with mineral water..." At this point we could not bring ourselves to stay any longer. We packed our things and headed to the lobby to find the manager. We discovered that he was taking the day off and would not be in until Monday. We left angry and tired. After later speaking to the manager he proceeded to insist that he had not falsely advertised on his website and that all the promised amenities were granted. We rightly asked to be reimbursed for the less than tolerable stay and he refused. We are currently disputing the charges with our credit card company. I hope that anyone who considers staying here please think twice and find another place. Nearby Hood River, Oregon offers much more pleasant accommodations. This is no resort, I would not even call it a hotel. It is a motel unfit for rats.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

As a fourth generation Columbia Gorge native -- I now live in New Orleans -- please know the hotel and hot springs once owned by the St. Martin family is a genuine relic of local culture. The Hot Springs Hotel stood for everything I remember about growing up in the Gorge: awe-inspiring waterfalls, yards with junked cars, profoundly beautiful forests, crude neighbors, mineral water with magical properties, and generally bad food. The only local edibles, in my opinion, offering any real pleasure are smoked salmon and wild blackberries. A traveller needs to know that Carson is the heartland of lumberjacks, plaid flannel shirts, Big Foot, and tough teenaged girls who can get married in a hurry in nearby Stevenson. So, if you want to experience the real deal, warts and all, stay at the Hot Springs. If you want luxury, excellent food, gracious service, and more than a bit of decadence, visit the French Quarter here in New Orleans. And love both for what they are.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
OHIO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

I recently visited the Carson Hot springs...I have not had such a good night sleep in a long time. At first, I was unsure if I wanted to stay due to the recent reviews but I am glad I gave it a chance. It was very peaceful, my room was clean and simply. The front desk clerk clearly made sure I had a wonderful stay. My husband and I both had a relaxing mineral bath and spectacular massages. The spa was very rustic but clean. I would suggest the Carson Hot Springs to anyone who wants to get away from every day stresses. Not to mention the prices, we had a one night stay and two bath and two massages all for $200.00. We would not of spend our money any other way.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Longview
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Pay a little extra money and book your vacation ells were!!!. It will be well worth it. We wanted to get away for the weekend. The hotel room came with spider webs and live spiders; you must pay before you stay.
They claim they want you to experience they ways of yester year. I don’t remember my grandmother having a blow dryer in her room. There are no amenities.( TV, stereo,) We never saw this dinning room they say they offer.
We booked the bath, wrap and message. The bathtubs are all very stained, they have rust all around the fixtures and down the spout. They have no tub stoppers just those flat rubber things so my tub kept emptying out. The tub felt gritty when I climbed in.. The linens are torn, and stained. The towels are dirty looking and are very small. After leaving the bath house I went back to my room and showered. I would not recommend this resort to my enemy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!