“What great scenery” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carson
Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort
You added Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort to your Saves list
372 St. Martin's Springs Road, Carson, WA 98610   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carson
Jackson Hole Wyoming
“What great scenery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2007

As a restaurant owner from Jackson Hole Wyoming my visit to the Columbia gorge was a wonderful experience, the kite boarders and the paddle boat that does tours on the river, now that was fun. One of the locals from a town called White Salmon told me that she worked at this Carson golf course and that I could get a nice spa bath, and a great meal there so I got directions from her and decided to stop in for lunch on my way into Portland, This place is as rustic as it gets. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to get the bath and wrap thing, the price looked good, it was a great value compared to places that I have been in Wyoming. I did however go to the restaurant that overlooks the golf course, The view was nice, I was very disappointed in the food quality, My Ice tea tasted sour, and my food was cold as well as the soup. Everything just seemed to lack flavor. My waitress didn’t seem very attentive but she was busy, Being a restaurant owner myself my expectations are very high, The hostess asked how everything was and I stated to her that it was just ok, she was apologetic though as I left for my journey into the Portland skyline.

Good luck to you,

Brenda Sanders

Stayed October 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

Fun Gorge resort thats just gettin going. Incredible views from the resteraunt and golf course. Saw two deers behind one of the hotels at dusk. Enjoyed the food and bar. Really neat historical bath-house and hotel lobby. Very relaxing.Service at The Fountains at Carson Greens was the best I have ever had. A must dine experience!!!!

Stayed September 2007
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Although the price is now $20, it's still a good price for this wonderful experience.... Enormous private porcelain tub with the old claw feet.....Hot mineral water that really refreshes, and plenty of time to soak in it (and adjust the heat). Real cotton and wool blankets for the wrap in a quaint quiet room of beds.... with a view out on the woods beyond.

I stayed once in the 1901 hotel and can only suppose that the new cabins and rooms are an improvement, if not as picturesque and historic. Plus, the historic building is still there..... Carson Hot Springs is the best!

Stayed January 2005
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Big Beef
The spa attendant offered no direction and split for a cigarette as soon as I was shown a tub. The tub had no way to control temp and became so hot I only lasted 10 minutes, like 125 degrees. The hot wrap was very confining, possibly just personal taste there. I waited in my room for my massage. When I came down to the spa house there was an ambulance pulling in. One of the staff told me that a woman had an apparent stroke, but didn't know which woman. My wife was in there and I didn't find out for nearly ten minutes that it wasn't her. That's to long to wait. The staff member told me that happen every few months.
Small Beef
They dumped a bundle building two large hotel buildings that have all the charm of a Motel 6. I swear there was nothing on the wall to distract the eye, the door hinges scream for oil. and the A/C howls like a F-16.

This place isn't quirky, its tacky. The massuse gave me the creeps

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Nearly slipping and breaking a bone getting in the tub, a lawyers delight.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Carson hotels

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

I have been coming from Portland to Carson Hot Springs for the past twenty years. My husband and I have stayed in the former cabins and old hotel on many occasions. I have also come yearly retreats as well as to introduce friends to the relaxing baths.
I loved the quaintness, authenticity and simple integrity of the Hot Springs before the buy up from Korean Investors. Over the years, the price climbed from a bargain of $4 to a whopping $20. for the exact same hot bath/wrap experience. I was told that the recent price increase was because of a newly installed sauna...which I found to be totally unnecessary. Once out of the bath/wrap, a hot sauna would be overkill. My sister-in-law, who is a nurse, worried about the lack of warnings to people with heart conditions of any kind and wondered if the attendants were trained in emergency proceedures.
Speaking of the attendants on the women's side, I found them to be young, cautiously friendly, and not willing to talk about the latest drastic cost increase from $15 to $20 within the past six months. "Attendants " would be a misnomer now that there was no help getting out of the slippery tubs ( no more rubber mats ) to the beds. No one came to check on my sister-in-law and I much less wipe the dripping sweat from our faces or help us unwrap and make our way to the showers. This used to be part of the standard safety procedure.
I am sad to say that I will no longer go to Carson Hot Springs. And from what I heard, the local people no longer go as well.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boise ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

My Husband and I found this beautiful place after reading an article in our Local paper in Idaho. We decided to go and try it out. We went over the 4th of July and it was the most quiet peaceful experience we have ever had. We just did not want to leave. We stayed in the old cabin and wished they were still there. The prices on lodging have gone up, but the prices on the baths and massages remain close, we have visited since on our way to family outtings. The staff is definately the best and we look forward to the restaurant that will hopefully reopen. It is a joyous place to visit.

• Liked — The Quiet
  • Disliked — nothing it was all great
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

I have stayed here off and on for the past 20 years. The old cabins are gone and the massage theraphist stay in the old hotel now. There is a row of new hotel rooms on the hillside where the old cabins used to be. They are new, clean and the bed is comfortable but remember no tv, no phones and no microwaves.

You go here for the water, for the hotspring water which is excellent. The bathhouse is still the same, old and in need of repair. The claw foot bathtubs rusted and in need of a new enamel job. I kind of like the rustic flavor and my husband said it was the best massage he had ever had. Mine was good too - $60 an hour and the bath and wrap is $15, bargain prices nowadays.There is a another row of hotel rooms which look a little more upscale but they are not opened. I heard two stories, one that they had building code problems and the other was that they had money flow problems. I heard there are plans to build a more upscale spa here and if that happens expect prices to go up. Go to Stevenson to eat. Go to Carson Hot Springs to relax and zone out.
They do have a website but it is a little difficult to find.

• Liked — The water and the massage.
  • Disliked — No place real close to eat.
  • Tips/Secrets — Call for specials on Sundays
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!