“Quality has gone down” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roots Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Camas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 192nd
Description: Fresh, seasonal and local food.
“Quality has gone down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Sorry guys your quality has gone down. Maybe this a wake up call. I had found a hair in my appetizer, and then a second hair in my entree. Then the waiter said that the hair didn't match anyone in the kitchen. I don't really care. There were two dark hairs in my food. I'm not looking for a DNA test! The soup was incredibly bland, the duck was delicious but ruined by a hair, the draper valley chicken was cooked right but missing the wow factor and also was ruined by a hair. I understand this happens even to the top restaraunts but not on 2 out of 3 dishes.
My partner who was a first time patron was not exactly wowed either. I've been here plenty of times in the first 5 years of operation and it certainly is a well respected restaurant, everybody has an occasional off night and I would certainly dine here again.
Side note: Have some respect and clean your bathrooms as well. I went in to wash my hands before and after and both bathrooms they were not sanitary. You have your staff polishing wine glasses they should pay the same attention to your facilities as well.
Listen the food is usually great and Roots certainly fills a need for a up scale restaurant in the pruin hill area, it just needs some improvements if it is to be brought back to the greatness that it once was.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hudson, Ohio
“One of the Best in Portland area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Service was balanced just right for business dinner. Wine selection not huge but very nice selection of Washington State vineyards. For app’s we have scallop/beef combo and for an entree I had a filet that would equal any Chicago steak house.
I would highly recommend this “all organic” restaurant and has become my new fav in the Portland area.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“Favorite place in PDX area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in the PDX area, and it's just down the street. I love food and these guys have never served me a disappointing plate. Faves: duck confit, dungenous crab and avocado salad, bacon wrapped quail, toffee cake, pumpkin fritters... OK, now I'm hungry! I love making a meal out of small plates. I like sitting at the bar in the back to watch them cook, or finding a cozy booth in the bar.

Washington State
“Great Restaurant, Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We go there often and the food is always very good. Try the Caesar Salad, it is one of the best. Service is good and it is a quiet place for a business lunch or dinner, although happy hour in the bar is popular and can get a little noisy. The martinis are a standout if Randy is pouring.

For a real great meal try the shortribs, they are excellent!

All around one of the top 3 restaurants in Vancouver for quality dining.

Visited January 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Roots brings back the Delicious to Eating Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Always Fresh and Great Flavors cooked with Culinary skill at every meal. I have eaten lunch, dinner and Happy Hour and have never been dissapointed (Lemondrops are to die for!) I am so glad to have such a Star in the Vancouver Wa Area I also love how they really use local ingredients within a hundred miles of restaurant giving us an oppurtunity to eat and learn about local farms and ranches.

• Visited October 2011