“A wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Camas
Seattle, Washington
“A wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We recently stayed overnight at the very, very nice Camas Hotel. Having stayed all over the world, this experience absolutely rates with the best hotels we've experienced! Very beautiful, very clean, very European in feeling. All the essential details (and more) have been thought of. The staff was friendly and professional.
It is located on a small village- like street with several good restaurants as well so just a short walk to dinner! The next day we drove to Portland, only a 15 minute drive away. We would definitely stay there again if we get the chance!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Eugene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were looking for a suitable stop-over spot to use during our trips from Oregon to the Olympic Peninsula, and boy were we delightfully surprised with the Camas Hotel. Karen the owner is friendly and helpful. Our room was so much more than we could have hoped for, and for a very reasonable price. It was beautiful throughout, so tasteful and elegant. The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, and the complimentary movie tickets were fun. My two favorite parts of our stay were 1) viewing the sweet downtown street scene. It was as if we had a room overlooking Disneyland's Main St., truly charming, and 2 ) the melancholy train song once or twice. If you like the charm of yesterday with the efficiency of today, you will love your stay at the Camas Hotel. We will be returning on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Karen is very helpful with information that will help you pick your perfect room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband accused me of taking more than 67 photos of our darling room (No. 6 across from the breakfast atrium) -- so obviously I loved it! The attention to detail (corkscrew along with wine glasses!) and quality are obvious. The room is eye-candy, so visually beautiful and tastefully decorated. I felt like I was in a boutique hotel in Paris: red and white toile fabric, black and white checked tile. The bed everyone else raves about was too soft for us, but that's a highly individual thing. Never heard the train but cars "gunning it" (kids?) during the night did wake me because I like to sleep with the window open:) The breakfast was gourmet in my opinion: quiche, baby belle laughing cow cheese, grapes and watermelon, yogurt, pastries. When my husband asked for more coffee, it was quickly done. My only "complaint" is that the noise of the air conditioning unit in the small room made it necessary to turn the TV up loud and I was afraid I was bombarding other guests. Maybe a ceiling fan would do the trick? Bathroom immaculately clean. Room rate a real bargain for this charming gem!! I'll share some of my (not quite) 67 photos on my blog and definitely recommend this place. IF you're looking for a bit of Europe on the Columbia River, stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. No noise from upstairs, very comfortable bed,clean and beautifully decorated room,excellent staff! Superior continental breakfast including quiche and fresh fruit salad, and even gouda cheese! The town is worth a visit. We wii be back!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I wanted to like the Camas Hotel... it's cute, old fashioned, and staffed by sweet people. But the bottom line is, unless you can get a decent night's sleep, a hotel is not worth staying in. And this one wasn't. Forget the train. The train was nothing... a distant song in the night. The problem was that the walls were paper thin and the people above me stomped around until midnight. It was SO irritating having the room literally shake from the heavy footfalls of the people upstairs. Earplugs did nothing against the onslaught from above. The ironic thing is that I had explained when I made my reservation that I needed a quiet room. I would not stay here again. Oh, and the television didn't work either.

Room Tip: I doubt if there are any good rooms... I asked for a quiet room and was given one of the noisiest ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
starfish223, Owner at Camas Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
We are very sorry this guest did not sleep well at our hotel. In our defense, neither the noise or the TV problem were reported to us during the visit, so we could not address the issues. Our walls are actually insulated and soundproofed, but there is a limit to what one can do regarding a restless person from above. We would have been happy to ask the noisy guest(s) to be more considerate, or to move this guest to another room. I have personally slept in the hotel in several different rooms and have never found noise from other guests to be an issue.

As far as the TV was concerned, that would have been a simple fix. Sometimes people mess with the remote, and we are able to realign them quickly and easily.

We hope that this guest will give us another try in future. We genuinely appreciate all feedback.

Karen Hall
Owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

From meeting Charlie the dog upon check-in to please join us again sentiments from Amanda at check-out our stay was just delightful. Great room, wonderful history and welcoming innkeepers. A super place for a stay cation !

• Stayed April 2012
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Friendly, comfortable, good restaurants nearby. Great decor. Wiith 30 weeks a year on the road this place is at the top of my list.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Camas Hotel? Share your experiences!