“Spectacular view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Barnum Point

Inn at Barnum Point
You added Inn at Barnum Point to your Saves list
Inn at Barnum Point
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   464 S Barnum Rd, Camano Island, WA 98282-8578   |
Special Offer
FREE WI-FI
Seattle, Washington
“Spectacular view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was performing in a musical nearby, the producers of the show set up a two night stay for me during tech week to stay at the Inn because I live two hours away from the venue. Since rehearsal ended late, my director dropped me off at midnight. It was so dark so I had no idea where I was. The Innkeeper Carolin greeted me, and showed me around where I will stay. I was in the large suite all by myself, so I decided to sleep in the queen bed situated upstairs in the loft. There was a queen bed downstairs as well. In the suite there's a five piece bathroom( two sinks, walk in shower with two heads, sunken tub with a rubber sucky, and bubble bath soap, lots of extra towels, and a private toilet section). Finally fell asleep at 2am...then at 6am a bright light shining on my face woke me up. It was the sun rise, and I got up I noticed a 360 degree view of Port Susan...wow! What a view...I had no idea that this bed and breakfast was situated on a peninsula. It's as if I was on my own private island. Then I walked out on the balcony...who would've thought that no rain two hours from Seattle in April! As I sat outside, all I could hear was the waves, and the birds, and watched the eagles soar looking for its next meal. I felt the sun pounding on my face while looking out on this magnificent view. I was in awe. Since I was not set up for the breakfast plan, Carolin set me up with breakfast items in the fridge. Oh did I mention also in the suite is a kitchenette. Fridge, dishwasher, plates, utensils, microwave, grill, coffeemaker. Carolin had frozen items, in the fridge, milk, juice, eggs, fruits. I'm sure items may vary. Carolin was so sweet she ame knocking offering to make me breakfast, but I already ate. There's also a small dining area, and lounging area. At the time of my stay Carolin lost a helper so this little old lady took care of this huge place by herself. I felt bad and wanted to help. But her helper was going to be replaced soon. It's not the Ritz, but it's a very relaxing B&B. Only drawback is, if you don't have a car like I didn't, You're stuck, no restaurants around to dine or walk to. Thanks goodness for the food in the fridge or friends to the rescue. This little place, with the little old lady Innkeeper will be always be dear to my heart. And yes I would have to agree with the other reviewers...you feel like a part of the family.

Room Tip: Large two bed suite does not get the breakfast, only breakfast items in fridge or freezer. But it co...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

Lovely location and facility. We shared the big suite with friends to celebrate my wife's "Medicare Birthday" and had a wonderful time. The loft has a 360 degree view!

Good beds and plenty of privacy.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

We have stayed at the Inn at Barnum Point the past two summers. The innkeeper, Carolin, is the granddaughter of the settler of the property, situated on a peninsula overlooking Port Susan. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the views wonderful, and after a day, you feel like part of the innkeeper's family. The breakfasts are delicious and she is anxious to share what she knows from a lifetime on and off the island. Highly recommended!

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The stairs
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camano Island
Camano Island Inn
Camano Island Inn
#2 of 3 in Camano Island
4.5 of 5 stars 167 reviews

Been to Inn at Barnum Point? Share your experiences!