“Elger Bay Cafe” 3 of 5 stars

Description: 360-387-2904
Long Beach, California
“Elger Bay Cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We are part timer's on Camano Island and have always enjoyed coming to the cafe when here. Sadly we found it has closed when coming up for 4th of July in 2013. We understand there will be a Deli in the space the cafe had used.

Visited July 2013

washington state
“Sadly this place has gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Back in December 2011 I wrote a lengthy and positive review about this restaurant. I continued to enjoy their breakfast and service until about 6 months ago. The last few times I went the food was not as good. Then, Seva, the best waitress ever stopped working there. After that things went downhill.

I recently read a review that another local wrote in November 2012. It was not a good review and the comment was made that it is not where the locals go. I agree. Not anymore. I know of many others who live here who have stopped going. After many years of going on a weekly basis, I have no desire to return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Camano Island, Washington
“cafe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Good thing the folks who stay at the state park are there because this place couldnt stay open without them.Not where the locals go, Overpriced slow food.

Maple Valley, Washington
“Best hashbrowns ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Small cafe attached to a gas station. Very good food and service. Felt like we lived there. Sit anywhere you like. Great tea selection. Ham scrabble was perfect and the hash browns are the best I've ever eaten. Gave some to my wife and she agreed (so that's like two votes,haha) She had Swedish pancakes with lingonberries and sour cream. Very nice. This place feels like the places I went with my Grandparents........very cozy, kinda worn, but real comfortable. The service was excellent with only one waitress working. All good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Local cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We encountered nothing special on our visit. The decor is typical of a cafe, with paintings by a local artist.
All the tables except one were either occupied or dirty and we never saw any of them get cleared or wiped down. The waittress seemed a little odd but friendly enough.
The clam chowder lacked in flavor, though edible with enough salt, pepper, and crackers. Strangley, the waitress agreed with our opinion and then tried to convince us that people preferred it that way.
The menu offered plenty of selection and breakfast looked good. We might be back to try it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere