“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Did an overnight shopping trip in Burlington and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Very clean room and nice breakfast. Staff are friendly. Noise from the freeway is not bad with the double layer of sound proofing windows.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dana W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
pingu_family-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed it! We are glad you got some shopping done, next time check out our shopping package! We will be fully renovated by December 2013 as well. We are excited!

Here is to a Happy Holiday season for your family!

Mr. Dana Weber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Dean was at the front desk when I called to say I had left my retainers in our room. He got them for me and when I returned had them waiting. He also knew all the details about crossing the border into Canada.

The buffet breakfast had eggs, sausage, ham, fruit, cereal, waffles and more-all fresh!
Service and comfort with a smile.

Room Tip: We asked for a king room on the top floor. There was easy access by elevator and the luggage carts...
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dana W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
HerringTerryS-

Thank you for the kind words regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn, especially for Dean. I will make sure everyone gets a chance to see them!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we are glad you were able to get your lost and found items back. We know how important those items can be, and we want to make sure they get returned to you ASAP.

We look forward to hosting you again real soon!

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm a devoted Marriott chain person but this is my first stay in a Fairfield Inn & Suites facility. I guess they are designed to be one notch down from the Courtyards based on the rooms and their appointments.

This Fairfield is well placed directly off the highway and is very convenient to the Anacortes Ferry just 20 minutes or so away. You can walk to any of several basic restaurants that share the ample parking lot. The room was well sized, clean, functionally furnished and most importantly it was quiet. The towels are quite thin I have to say, probably a reflection of the budget minded model, but the bed was comfy.

The front desk was always available to answer questions, was knowledgeable about the menus at the adjacent eateries and efficient in every way. I didn't really sample breakfast as I had an early ferry to catch to Orcas Island, but a quick scan as I grabbed a cup of coffee showed it to have quite a selection of items including hot foods.

Two curiosities: there was an interesting stockyard smell when going outside. Not overpowering but noticeable. And there is a bank of Tesla charging stations in the parking lot. Cool!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Herbal-Gypsy-

Look for an upcoming renovation coming up here in the next few months that will completely transform our hotel. We are certainly excited!

home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I don't know where the "suites" are in this hotel. Our entire room was nearly taken up by a king sized bed. The place was clean (except for a little mold in the shower). Check-in was fast. Breakfast was pretty good. I would have rated the whole place higher except for the size of the room. We could barely move around with the luggage in the room. Free wifi was a plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
tampabobl-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We are very excited about our upcoming renovations coming up in the end of October. We will take your notes about the layout to that.

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again!

Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked a room here many, many months ago through Travelocity. The week of my trip I called to ask about room placement, and to my surprise, they told me my room had been canceled. They have no record of who or how it was canceled. And they told me the hotel was booked up. If I would have shown up that week I would've had no room. I was upset I referred several others in my party had booked rooms there as well for a local event. I also had pre-paid for this NON-CANCELABLE room. Between the hotel and travelocity I spent 3 hours on the phone. Travelocity said I still had the room, the hotel did not. AFTER I was canceled at my $90 a night rate, they were miraculously able to dig up a room for me, at full price with a AAA discount. Still, 60 more than I had planed per night.
Aside from my booking mess, another party in my group was given conflicting room info for her room as well. One party also had mold in her windows.
The hotel is out of the way from local businesses and has a breakfast at 7, which was too late for our scheduled activity. No late check outs were allowed. The hotel is near a farm field and smells of it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
north vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came down here for a softball tournament. This location of this hotel did not disappoint!!
It is close to the outlet malls and the Seattle Premium outlet malls. For us Canadians this is a novelty!! The hotel itself is new. It was very clean and the service was great. Check in and out was a breeze. The room itself was comfy and spotless. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lakewood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been staying occasionally at the Fairfield Burlington for about a year now (about 25 stays) and I have consistently esperienced great service from the staff.

Especially outstanding at the Fairfield is Dean Fiedler at the front dest. This guy is clearly management material...always on to of everything and particularly friendly! Thanks Dean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!