“Dishonest or disorganized?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
Olympia, Washington
“Dishonest or disorganized?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked a room here many, many months ago through Travelocity. The week of my trip I called to ask about room placement, and to my surprise, they told me my room had been canceled. They have no record of who or how it was canceled. And they told me the hotel was booked up. If I would have shown up that week I would've had no room. I was upset I referred several others in my party had booked rooms there as well for a local event. I also had pre-paid for this NON-CANCELABLE room. Between the hotel and travelocity I spent 3 hours on the phone. Travelocity said I still had the room, the hotel did not. AFTER I was canceled at my $90 a night rate, they were miraculously able to dig up a room for me, at full price with a AAA discount. Still, 60 more than I had planed per night.
Aside from my booking mess, another party in my group was given conflicting room info for her room as well. One party also had mold in her windows.
The hotel is out of the way from local businesses and has a breakfast at 7, which was too late for our scheduled activity. No late check outs were allowed. The hotel is near a farm field and smells of it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
north vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came down here for a softball tournament. This location of this hotel did not disappoint!!
It is close to the outlet malls and the Seattle Premium outlet malls. For us Canadians this is a novelty!! The hotel itself is new. It was very clean and the service was great. Check in and out was a breeze. The room itself was comfy and spotless. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lakewood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been staying occasionally at the Fairfield Burlington for about a year now (about 25 stays) and I have consistently esperienced great service from the staff.

Especially outstanding at the Fairfield is Dean Fiedler at the front dest. This guy is clearly management material...always on to of everything and particularly friendly! Thanks Dean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Fairfield inn and suites in North Burlington is great. Good value and was up to the Marriott standard. Room was a bit small but very clean and functional.
The hotel itself is far from the main city. There are some limited services walking distance form the hotel.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel looks new from the outside but the inside looks old. The rooms we had were extremely small we had no room to open the suitcase. The blankets were so thin you had nothing covering you and there were no blankets in the room. the train is so close to the hotel you can hear it from your bed. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel was purchased through a bidding site at a very attractive price, and was a great value. The room itself was basic but clean and comfortable...I recently stayed at a Courtyard that had a less comfortable bed for 3 times the cost. The bathroom was also basic, but was clean and had a good shower. It is directly off the highway (really close to the actual road), so road noise could be a problem with some of the rooms, though ours was fine. I noticed the horns of passing trains around midnight and again in the early morning, so if you are a light sleeper this may not be the best choice of hotel for you. The breakfast included fruit, yogurt, eggs and a waffle station - for a free hotel breakfast it was a bit above average - and the breakfast room was spacious. Overall I was pleased with our one night stay - we wanted to be relatively close to the Anacortes ferry for our morning departure for the San Juans, and this fit the bill.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should ask for room far from highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stay here for business, it is a clean hotel, great beds, and next to a Bob's Burger and Brew. They do serve a small morning breakfast buffet. I try and stay on a top floor, it is really quiet considering it is right next to I-5

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!