“Great place to stay during the Tulip Festival” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
Victoria, Canada
“Great place to stay during the Tulip Festival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very nice, modern, clean and comfortable hotel just off the I5 and not far from La Conner and the Tulip Festival that occurs every April. The room was large and had a very comfortable king size bed. There was a large flat screen TV, mini fridge and coffee maker in the room. The decor was very tasteful with some nice framed prints on the walls. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The included breakfast was pretty standard but more than adequate. All in all a very good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I come to northern Washington about once every 18 months for business. I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn before and each time it is just as perfect as the first time. The staff is friendly and very professional. The location is perfect for the area. You are close to Burlington and just south of Bellingham and Blaine. There are casinos nearby and a great restaurant just across the parking lot (Bob's Burgers) that is great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
new westminster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

we like:
-east access from the freeway
-nice free breakfast and indoor swimming pool
-restaurants only steps away(jack in the box,bob's burger..)
-the room and bathroom were roomy
-nice and friendly hotel guests

We don't like:
-not helpful staff (we arrived the hotel early at around 4:30pm in order to request for a king size bed and upper floor room as we have a 23 months daughter and we liked to put her in the middle of the bed for not falling down onto the floor while sleeping,the staff told us "all are gone"-but the parking lot was not even half full yet.)
-floor tile in the bathroom was a bit rough on the foot
-cow dung smell all around the hotel and the area close-by
-the room had a very unpleasant smell of mint

Overall, this is still a good budget and Okay one night stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We just stayed a night over in this hotel and I would say that it had everything we needed for a 1 night stay. The breakfast was very good, with a lot of variety for this type of self serve meal. The staff were pleasant and helpful, the pool was a nice temperature and despite being right next to the I-5 freeway I could not hear the traffic.

Pros:

The beds were nice and cozy
Breakfast was fresh and there was a decent variety
Friendly Staff
Clean Pool, rooms, lobby, etc
Very easy to find (you can't miss it)

Cons:

I found the room to be a little bit small (slightly)
1 waffle maker, no issue for us but if it was busy I could see it being a problem
Bathtub was quite small

I would stay here again for sure, just would not stay for more than a night or two.

Room Tip: May be worth asking for a room furthest from the freeway if you are a really light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed here for 2 days during the week, beds were too soft for us, we can hear people walking upstairs in the middle of the night, need stronger vent/fan in bathroom. Breakfast was decent, except there was only 1 waffle maker, a family of 6 were using it before us, that took a good 15 mins. another WM would cut down the wait time. Breakfast hour is only good until 9am, can see late comers were disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Renton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

My daughter, service dog, and I stayed here on a quick overnight before her spring break. The location can't be beat - very easy to get to from the freeway, no more than 4 miles north of great places to shop, and only about 20 minutes from Western WA University. I am a relatively light sleeper and encountered no problems from either the freeway or the trains. There are coffee and subs nearby. Bob's Burgers and Brew is adjacent, but the carry-out menu had no prices on it. That makes it a no-go on a teacher/student budget.

When we checked in, we were pleased with the clean, well-attended lobby and check-in. Special kudos to Laura for greeting us so warmly and remembering the phone cinversation we had the day before. This went a long way to making us feel welcome as guests.

This hotel is NOT pet friendly but, of course, accepts service animals. Unfortunately Max made 2 yaps about 4 pm and someone complained to the front desk. He is generally well-behaved, but he is a dog and hears a noise and thinks he has to protect his family. This left us on edge we were going to be asked to leave. I took him to the lobby to show how well-trained he is, but were not able to show him to whoever complained. It wouldn't have been bad but we were about 2-3 rooms away from the hotel and young children were rather noisy between there and the pool as the evening wore on - which made the service dog be on alert. Neighbors next to us, a room closer to the lobby, were noisy off/on until 2ish - which again alerted the service dog. I don't know what the hotel can do, but perhaps a quiet policy after certain hours or a reminder to be considerate of neighbors or other guests as you move through public spaces might help.

Food in the hotel was convenient. I didn't use the amenities shop next to the desk, but it appeared to have a satisfactory selection. I liked the 24/7 coffee service and appreciate that they had decaf coffee available. Thebreakfast selection was comparable to a couple continental breakfasts I've had in variety. Quality was another thing - I found the breads/pastries to be rather dry. The hard-boiled eggs were not quickly replenished when consumed by the early-birds, I would also suggest a sugar-free syrup for the waffles.

The room was pretty comfortable, although the beds were a bit soft and the pillows too squishy for my taste. The bathroom had a wide door and the tub had a handlebar - nice for someone needing the room or support but not an accessible room.

I booked the room through Priceline. If I could get a similar price, I'd stay here again. Otherwise, I'm not sure it would be worth the stress I encountered with the service dog.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool and elevator for a quieter night
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012 via mobile

We usually stay at another hotel in that area but it was a busy weekend so we found that this hotel had lots of room?? Go figure?? Th staff was excellent on arrival and found us a room on the top floor. But we got inside the room and saw that the room had a musty smell old paint bad carpet broken shower head and no small fridge?? Would you not think that the maids would inform management regaurding the problems?
The "big" kicker was that the smoke detector was on the sidewall right beside your head when you slept and the lights on it blinked every 5 seconds!
It was not a great sleep! And not a great stay! Sorry.
spend some money on this hotel and get it up to speed!

• Stayed March 2012
Burfair-Management, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
I am sending you a message with my contact information so we work together to find a suitable resolution. Thank you so much for alerting us about the faulty showerhead. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!