“Omg where have you been” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Omg where have you been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I originally saw this hotel on Hotwire, where it's rated a 2 star, checked on trip advisor and it's higher. We'll let me tell you this is the best 2 star hotel I've ever stayed at. We've been to 4 star hotels that were worse. Excellent location, value, price, and pet friendly. We like it so much, we stayed another night. Very quite, large rooms, with great little kitchenettes. Definetly will be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear 172thomas,
We are so glad that you found us! Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and we are delighted that your stay with us was to your liking. Thanks for letting us know how your experience was. We look forward to your next visit in Burlington.

Therese Lundvall, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Easy check-in, super friendly desk attendent. Cant remember her name but i grabbed a couple movies and then when i got to my room i found the TV unplugged (perhaps the last guest was afraid of poltergeist?! Ha) and when i got that done i realized there was no AV cable for the DVD player. Went to the desk. She hurried down to my room, we investigated and she came up with another cable quick. We got it up and going and i had a pleasant stay in a spacious room with a comfy overstuffed be with crispy clean lenins and lots of pillows.

• Stayed November 2013
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear posibilty409,

I am glad that you found our Candlewood Suites in Burlington to be up to the high standards that sets Candlewood Suites apart! We appreciate your candid comments regarding your stay and that you took the time to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again.
Halfmoon Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

On Friday June 7th, 2013, my husband and I arrived at the Candlewood Suites in Burlington, Washington, where we were to spend a night before driving home to Vancouver after a trip to Las Vegas. We've stayed there before and like the hotel - it is modern and clean with friendly service, and a short drive to good shopping and the lovely town of La Conner. AND it has a kitchen with supplies so you can cook and serve dinner for two.

On check-in, the clerk looked at my printed reservation, checked her computer, and said "that's strange...". My reservation wasn't showing. After a few minutes she realized what I'd done. I'd booked us into the Candlewood Suites in Burlington, Massachussets, on the other side of the country! Because they were several hours ahead, I had missed the time to cancel my reservation without making payment. She said, "let me make a call." She called the Maine hotel, explained the situation, asked if they would refund my payment even though it was late, asked the person's name so she could follow up if necessary, and then let me know the Massachussets hotel would not charge me. I was very happy.

Fortunately, there was a room available for us in Washington. Then she looked at what a room would have cost in Massachussets - something like $20 less that night than in Washington. "We'll honour that rate", she told me. That's what I call going above and beyond. (And better service than we received during our stay at the Trump Hotel in Vegas.)

I recommend this hotel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Mrs. Coopershawk and I stayed here recently and overall we were quite satisfied. As one poster said, it was difficult to find following the instructions on the website. If you exit from I-5 on George Hooper, stay on it and cross South Burlington. Within 100 yards or so there is a sign directing you into the hotel parking lot. Much easier! The hotel is relatively new and everything is spotless. The furniture is lovely but limited, especially if you want to sit at the desk and visit. There is an office chair and a straight back chair and neither one is terribly comfortable. There is a recliner facing the TV but it is too heavy to move. Another poster said that the room was very quiet...I found that I could hear another guest coughing through an adjoining door. The footsteps of the guest above us were also audible. Overall, our stay was very good and we would stay here again if we are ever in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third floor if you can...none were available for us.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear coopershawk,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your candid comments pointing out what you liked, and what you found could be improved. We look forward to seeing you again!
LAKESIDE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We used our reward points to stay at this hotel on our way to the San Juan Islands! Rooms were comfortable and clean. It's difficult to see from the road as its tucked behind another hotel! No problems to note. Perfect for our overnight stay

• Stayed September 2013
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Christina,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us. We appreciate your comments and hope that we get another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future!
Hartville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I like the extended stay options when I know I'm going to be in the same area all week. It gives me the option of making a hot meal without leaving the parking lot. The staff at this location was friendly and helpful and there is a great Japanese steakhouse in the same parking area. Very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is well placed. Its very quiet and safe, tucked right off the interstate and near the outlet malls. I did feel that the lack of a dresser was inconvenient but not lacking with an adequately stocked kitchenette and easily accessible pantry section all based on the honor system. Definitely plan on staying again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Candlewood Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!