“Nice new hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice new hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a new hotel, right next to Hampton Inn. We stay here to see the tulip fields and it’s a very convenient location. There are stores, shopping mall, premium outlet, movie theater within 5 minutes driving. The tulip fields on Rt. 20 are only 10 minutes away. Our flight was delay so we called ahead to let them know so that they won’t cancel our reservation. We arrived at 2:30 AM. The receptionist was very pilot and friendly. He checked us in quickly. The hotel was fully occupied. We reserved a room with 2 queen beds, but we were given a room with only 1 queen bed. Thankfully we are a group of 2. The room is small and would be crowded for a group of 3 or 4. We called the front desk about the room with only 1 bed. He said a room with 2 beds won’t be available until 1 week out. Hence we took 1 star off from the rating. The room was new with flat screen TV and a fully stock kitchen. Granite counter top in both the kitchen and bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets are soft. Our room was in the back of the building and there is a train track near the hotel. We could hear the light train noise with the window close. The train seems to stop running after midnight. The hotel doesn’t have breakfast, and it doesn't have king size beds, and it reflects in the price. It’s lower than the Hampton Inn next door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear DianeLeeUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Skagit Valley and your stay with Candlewood Suites, Burlington. It is great to read all the lovely things that you said about our hotel; please accept my apologies for not having a room with 2 beds available for your stay. I am confident that the next time you book with us, we will be able to provide the room type that you want.

Therese Lundvall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bellingham, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am currently staying at the Candlewood Suites in Bellington, Washington because I am relocating to the area and I was planning on staying at the Candlewood until my family joins me in June. My employer is paying for the first part of my stay and I provided my debit card for incidentals - never thought any more about issue until my wife starting checking my account and noticed that the Candlewood had been dinging our account for numerous extraneous charges. A call to the Candlewood got most of the charges reversed and we were told there was a "glitch" in their system. Since then, we have been charged every day, three times a day between 7:30 pm and 6:30 am for $39 - approximately $120 per day. Another call to Therese at the Candlewood stated that this was a "glitch" and that other customers were experiencing problems and she went so far as removing our debit card information from the account. Guess what, again we charged for three mysterious $39 charges - my wife again spoke with Therese and the "IT Department" and they stated that it was not them. Our bank checked the charges and most definitely stated that it is the Candlewood and suggested that the only thing we can do is close the account, which really makes things complicated considering my wife an I are 2000 miles apart. This has been an extremely disappointing experience and is only adding to the stress of being separated from my family. I need someone from Candlewood upper management to step and help me sort this out.

Robert Sanderson

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Robert S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights in March 2013. I found it to be clean and comfortable and well appointed. The only downside, and it is a small one, is that we had a time change that weekend and they didn't notify their guests with a note slipped under the door...I've had that done for me at other great hotels. Otherwise, a perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear 4dognight,

I appreciate that you took the time to write a review and point out a service that we can provide to our travelers! I am glad that you were pleased with the rest of your stay and hope that we get another chance to see you.
richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

First time in this hotel. This is pretty new , very clean carpet, lobby,room..It wasnt hard to find , walking distance to the strip mall (Burlington Crossing)where Best buy, Old Navy, Ross are located..its beside another strip mall where home depot, five guys are located.. Minutes away from Cascade mall, centrally located. Will stay there next time we want to be in the Burlington Area
If they offer Hot breakfast and have Indoor pool for my kids, I would rate this a perfect..

Looking forward to staying there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Bulakz,

Thank you for reviewing our new hotel. We are glad that you found our location to be convenient for your shopping! Our staff works hard to provide a clean, comfortable Candlewood experience. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Skagit Valley.
Kennewick, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We came to Burlington for a 3 day weekend. The front desk checked us in very quickly, and allowed us to check in early. The room was extreemly clean, sheets and towels new, and the room had every thing we wanted. Full size fridge, stove top and microwave, dishes and pots/pans, and even a dishwasher. Bed and pillows comfy too! Going to find Candlewoods for our next vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sandy H,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and plan on returning! We love the opportunity to provide great service and uphold the Candlewood values. We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in Burlington.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here one night during a quick trip through WA state and I was quite pleased. The hotel appears to be quite new and shares the property with a Hampton Inns for short stays but the overall area was clean and tidy.

Check in was quick and easy and the free wi-fi is an added bonus! Suites have a full kitchenette and even come with a bag of popcorn in the microwave : )

Bed was comfortable, room was quiet and clean, and they even had a staff member offering to scrape the ice from the car windshield as it was quite cold in the morning.

Seems they've done the little things well and I had an enjoyable stay; therefore I have no problem recommending this property to friends and colleagues in future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Neil,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and feel you received great service. Everyone at Candlewood Suites in Burlington strives to provide an exceptional stay for our guests, and we hope to see you again.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The kitchenette includes a large fridge with freezer, microwave, dishwasher and electric stove, which means you can cook anything. This place is so clean it's as if we're the first people to stay here. Burlington has a good selection of shopping malls and it's within easy reach of some lovely coastal towns. I would certainly recommend this hotel for business travellers and long stay as well as families.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Dutchclog,

Your review of our hotel has brought many smiles to our staff! We take great pride in providing a clean, comfortable place to stay for folks travelling to Washington. I am pleased that we were able to deliver the level of service that people expect from Candlewood Suites. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Burlington!

Been to Candlewood Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!