“Motel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sterling Motor Inn

Sterling Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Sterling Motor Inn
866 S.Burlington Blvd., Burlington, WA 98233   |
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Burlington
Olympia, Washington
“Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Not bad for price
Clean and comfortable
Easy access to freeway and shopping

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Calgary, AB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Whoever gave this motel a 5 star rating must be friends with the owner. Alyssa who rated this motel is wrong, the owners are Korean, not Chinese.

We stayed here on Friday Night as all the hotels from Holiday Inn to Sheratons were all booked!! This was the only place 4 of us could stay without crashing in our van. There is a reason why it was the only motel/hotel with vacancy.

All the reviews were correct, it is run down, the beds were uncomfortable and our sink was caulked in discoloration. Bathrooms could barely flush and I didn't even want to shower in the shower. We paid a sad $79 for the room.. not sure I would even stay there if it was free to be honest.

Dogs were not allowed so our poor dogs stayed in the van - which honestly, lucky them, I would have stayed in the van too! The owners followed me out the next morning as I walked my dogs to the back in a field to let them go pee/poo - creepy if I might say so myself.

I was lucky I was with my hubby and parents to feel more safe... as well as the police that circled every few hours hah! That should say something.

If you are ever in a situation as ours, stay in your car at a Rest Area and save your dollars. Wasn't just a poor hotel - the service was horrible and the Korean clerk was rude and made you feel like you were a bother more than welcoming you. Hello! Your hotel is vacant while all others are full - for a reason!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Russell, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We would not stay at this motel again. We should have asked for our money back and left. It was not very clean and was in great need of repairs and updates. We only stayed one night because it was close to where we needed to be , price was too high for the quality of the room. Staff not very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We needed accommodation in this area for the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer. The owners did not speak English, only Chinese. When we arrived, the lady behind the counter said that I would need to pay a higher rate as it was the weekend. I had to show her the print-off of my reservation before she wouldl agree to leave the price as was quoted. The room smelled, the windows were dirty, the carpet stuck to our shoes and the air conditioner (which was rammed into a hole punched out of the wall) did not work. We were told there were no other rooms. The did not even provide a bar of soap. Please don't stay here, this was not even a one-star.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

funny to see a lot of people complained this motel. they must be new to this town.i have known this motel over 10 years. there is 3 motels in Burlington 55~60 dollars range. this is one of them. an the other 2 motels is like even homeless people don't want to stay. lol just ask homeless people in Burlington if you can. next cheapest motels are 70~80$ ranges. I want clean room and warm shower for one night stay. and dont want spend 100$. this is even better value than cocusa which is 15$ more,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was kinda worried that it might be gross inside cuz the price I paid, but it was great!
nice people, again, great price, and clean.
I enjoyed shopping at the outlet mall that was near by,
free way was with in 2 or 3 minutes away.
It was quiet. My baby can't sleep if it's not quiet, but at this place, she had slept thru the night without waking up once.
I'm gonna go back there again this spring.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stopped in to inquire about rates and availability for a one night stay for my buddy and I. The fella running front desk (owner?) quoted me a great rate. When my buddy showed up a few minutes later I asked if he could split the room down the middle (we had credit cards). He got very upset and threw down his pen and said, "how am I supposed to make any money, when I get charged $2-3 per card? CASH ONLY!". I would have paid cash, but with his attitude and temper I gladly walked out to give another motel my business for the evening. And I am glad to give this "glowing" review to his business! I expect him to be out of the motel business shortly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sterling Motor Inn? Share your experiences!