“Great food and pleasant, efficient staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Late Night
Seattle
“Great food and pleasant, efficient staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

When you have to look hard to find an empty table on a Tuesday, you know you are in for a treat. The chef, and I mean chef, is amazing. Soups are superb and Sushi night was a real surprise and delicious. They switch out the beers on tap, and now have growlers to go. Go for breakfast but it might take a few minutes to decide what to have. Great selection and if you are in the mood, have a Bloody Mary, the best!

• Visited May 2013

91% Recommend
Arlington, Washington
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

A friend of mine suggested we try the Train Wreck for breakfast, he had been there for lunch/dinner and was impressed and on that note he suggested it for breakfast. The building seems small on the outside but once inside there was ample room and did not feel crowded. The breakfast menu was not as large as some places but had ample and varied selections. I try to eat "lighter" for breakfast and had the half order of biscuts and gravy, one biscut with homemane gravy and contry style spuds, just the right size and price. I don't think I could of finished a full order. My friend had the breakfast burrito...the server almost had to have help to carry it to the table..it was the size of a presto log!! Mr Bill, my friend declared it "tasty".

As we were finishing our meal the server walked by with an order of another table that really got our attention! On Sat and Sun they have a "breakfast bloody mary" on the menu, It is a double bloody mary made with Absolute or Stoli, in a large beer scooner, included are skewers of sasuage meat balls, bacon wrapped potatoes, celery and other vegies. It is huge! I wish I had thought to take a picture but was too busy looking. The price of the BBM is $17.00, but is worth the price.

I would of given this place one more star but with only one visit colud not do it.

Pleasant Hill, California
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went there for an early dinner. The restaurant/tavern was housed in and interesting building with unique charm which right next to the train tracks. I went to the Train Wreck because of the great reviews, which are usually right on. Maybe I was there on a bad night, as I did not have that good of an experience. i ordered a couple of fish tacos and a salad. Tacos came out barely warm, and the lettuce in the salad was a bit mushy, as it had probably been sitting in the salad dressing a bit too long. I left without finishing my dinner. Oh well, maybe next time it will be better

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wasilla, Alaska
“Must Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you are in Burlington this place is a must - great atmosphere, food was fantastic and the service was astounding!!

Great beer selection as well as wine or cocktails - very neat building right off the tracks.

If I had to change one thing it would be table and chairs and also how they are arranged but don't let this stop you from getting in there as you will not be disappointed.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“A really fun and delicious place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a neat, eclectic place next to a railroad track in Burlington. It was suggested to us by our hairdresser so we went. She suggested we have the sweet potato fries. Incredible! Try them, you will like them. All the food was great, lots of beers and wines. Is a pub so may get noisy in the evening. We went for lunch. Has regular foods plus sushi which was delicious.
Will definitely go back.