“Fresh food and very delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Thai, Asian fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Fresh food and very delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I love this place the food is always fresh and great

• 5 of 5 stars Food

SEDRO WOOLLEY
“I'D LIKE TO TRY THE SUSHI SOMETIME BUT NEVER ORDER ANOTHER MEAL”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I recently went to lunch at Asian 1 in Burlington with a group of friends. From all the accolades displayed in the foyer I expected a real gastronomical treat, being a true aficionado of Asian and seafood cuisine, originally harking from San Francisco. We arrived several minutes before the bar opened at noon, ordered drinks (including coffee) in advance and waited almost thirty minutes for their arrival, before which we were asked if we'd care to order. We didn't, but three people (out of 9) had to request water and only they received it. I had ordered a drink and got an obvious "short-shot" and it got sent back for a full measure. An associate ordered Golden Prawns and Vege Egg Rolls for his appetizers and they both looked wonderful. I should have followed suit and stopped while I was ahead. After some 45 minutes of waiting to order I requested the dinner Pad Ta-Lay (#42), again, being an inveterate seafood lover. After some time came a small bowl of tepid and utterly flavorless soup (it DID have a small piece of cabbage (?) and a slice of carrot). When my meal arrived I was appalled at the enormous heap of rice which filled almost half the plate. A wet salad was surprisingly served on the plate (not separate) and the dressing literally inundated everything but the mountainous heap of rice. The entree consisted of 1 mussel, 2 medium shrimp, and a smattering of essentially unidentifiable marine protein. The scant vegetables were sodden and overcooked ... all again, almost tasteless (even when I requested a 4-hot) and In addition, the portion was pitiable, hiding in the last bare quarter of the plate. To add some substance I requested a side order of curry sauce. It arrived five minutes later ... peanut sauce.

By the end of my meal I envied those across the parking lot at Taco Bell. In addition Mr. Phan, it is patently an insult to the new wait staff to be required to wear badges that state, "Server-In-Training" instead of their names. It's belitteling, undermines their self-confidence, is embarassing, and tends to diminish their tips as some customers will automatically perceive them as incompetent and thus undeserving. I became very experienced as a staff waiter in some great New Orleans restaurants and my tips allowed me to afford two college degrees.

In short Mr. Phan, I"m NOTa fan. But, ... I tipped my "Server-In-Training" 30%. She put out the effort. Not so your kichen.

Richard R. Lett
Sedro woolley

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington state
“love the curry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

good food, good value - after a long day of driving showing guests around, we stopped here. The timing was perfect and we got 20% off everything. Out of towners from NYC liked it too!

Visited September 2011
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Best Asian Restaurant in the Burlington/Mt Vernon area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

When they first opened, we received a coupon for the place, and didnt consider going.
Its a block off the main drag in Burlington, and we didnt think much of the location.
But our neighbors took us there, and wow, were we surprised.
We have been going there 1-4 times a month, for the last few years.
Its interesting to read the reviews, but we have always found the service excellent.
We are greeted and seated immediately. Get water, and a waiter/ress right away to take our order.
And one of the amazing things, is your order is delivered within 10 minutes 90% of the time. Many times we go there for dinner, I am usually starving, and its nice not having to wait 15-20 minutes for your food to arrive.
The food is delicious, fresh, hot, very tasty. You can get it made to how spicy you like, on a scale of 1 to 4.
We have tried many of the items on the menu, all have been good, but our favorite is their Mongolian Beef. Have never had it served like this before, be sure to try it.

The prices are very competitive compared to other places in town. It is not overpriced.
They have specials, like 25% off your bill, I think between 4-6PM, and after 8PM, check with the restaurant for times, we usually try to dine there to take advantage of their specials.
We have tried other Thai-type restuarants in town, and since going to Asian 1, with their service, food, prices, we have not gone back to any of them.
We have tried their location in Bellingham, and found it equally as good.
Its our favorite place in town, as you can read from this review.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
friday harbor
“generous portions and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

friendly and quick service. Lots of options, great sushi and i like that you can request make with olive oil on saute dishes

• Visited October 2011