My partner and I were traveling up to Vancouver, BC to escape the 4th of July fireworks. We decided to breakup the drive north and visit Mt. Vernon. We had made reservations stating we were traveling with my service dog, that I required a quiet room,"not by the elevator or ice machine, no adjoining room door and not near any celebratory guests," please.
We went to bed at 10:30 only to be woken up at 1:20 AM by loud upstairs neighbors. I called but it continued that way till after 2:15 which is a long time if you are tired and got woken up thinking it was an earthquake.
Much to our surprise, we tried to sleep in, with our do not disturb sign on the door, when we find that are directly across form the hotel laundry room and the housekeeping staff was in full swing into loud laughter and gossip. No one appreciate a good laugh more than me but not when i'm sleepy.
Now, I understand that the hotel cannot fully control loud guest who come in late from bars but when one ASKS FOR A QUIET ROOM you do not put them across from a busy area like the hotel housekeeping and main laundry area!
This really sucked and I felt disrespected and not heard. The front dest manager was apologetic but nothing soothes disrupted sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington, WA is located at exit 229 off I-5, minutes from Skagit Valley & Tulalip Casino's, outlets & shopping malls, Burlington/Mt. Vernon attractions, Skagit Speedway, WA State Ferry, whale watching, scenic San Juan Islands, Deception Pass, tulip fields, North Cascades Natl. Park, and the nearby cities of Mt. Vernon, Bellingham, LaConnor and Anacortes. This affordable Burlington hotel features an indoor pool, business center, fitness center and spacious rooms with microwave and refrigerator, plus several two-room suites and Jacuzzi suites! Businesses: Dri-Eaz, Paccar, Janicki, Sierra Pacific, Pacific Woodtech Corp, Shell & Tesoro Refineries, Puget Sound Energy, Nordic Tugs, Draper Valley Farms, Sakuma Brothers, Port Of Skagit County, and Transform. Hospitals: Skagit Valley Hospital, United General Hospital, and Skagit Valley Medical Center. Universities: Skagit Valley Community College. Retail: Seattle Premium Outlets, Prime Outlet Mall, Cascade Mall, Costco, and Home Depot. Attractions: Skagit Valley Casino, Northern Lights Casino, Tulalip Casino, Deception Pass, North Cascades National Park, Skagit Speedway, Riverfront Park, Tulip/berry fields, Seattle and Vancouver, BC. A credit card with proper ID is required for registration. Pets are not permitted on premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington
- Holiday Inn Burlington
- Burlington Holiday Inn Express