“Peaceful Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Burien B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Peaceful Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Three Tree Point for a long weekend in June. We were in the suite, and we were very pleased with it. The view was lovely, overlooking Puget Sound. We spent time every day sitting at the little table on the patio, or on the lounge chairs, drinking tea and coffee or eating breakfast, just staring out at the water and enjoying peace and conversation. There is also a wonderful view of Mt. Rainier from the yard, just a few steps away from our patio, and we were lucky enough to have great visibility for most of our visit. (incidentally, we drove to Rainier and spent a day there--that was our favorite activity of the weekend outside of just hanging out in our suite). The suite itself was sparkling clean and pretty. The bed was so comfortable--we slept great! And it was amazing to wake up to the view of the water. I got up to watch the sunrise our last morning--the horizon where it emerged was not visible this time of year but I got to see Mt. Rainier gradually fill up with light--glorious! The setup here is a little different than a traditional B&B--the suite is stocked with breakfast goods and you make your own. This was fine with us, as we did not have to stick with a particular schedule. We found plenty to enjoy in the eggs, fresh fruit and yogurt; the owners (Penny and Doug--great people) also provided pastries, cereal and pancake mix. A nearby trader joe's gave me access to the plain whole milk yogurt I wanted, and I suspect that the owners would have provided that for us if I'd asked ahead of time. There's access to a little beach (about a 20 minute walk to get down there and you'll experience some hills and stair-climbing on the way back up, so be prepared for that), which we really enjoyed one evening (the water is cold even in June, and it's not a caribbean style sandy beach, but still a great way to take in the horizon, consisting of Rainier, the Olympic mountains, and Puget Sound). We were so happy that we did not stay in the city (which was only about 20 mins. away)--after one day at the Space Needle & Pike's Place Market, we were overjoyed to leave the activity and get back to our quiet little home away from home. We found a couple of really good restaurants in town too. I would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I had planned to stay 2 nights at the Three Tree Point Bed and Breakfast and then go up to Vancouver for a night. As soon as we walked in the door, he looks at me and says "Let's just stay here the whole time!" The cottage was phenomenal - the views, the decor, all of the extras - fully stocked kitchen, hot tub, private eating areas, luxury sheets (I don't want to list them all so as to not ruin the surprises when you stay there). It really has everything you need. It was our oasis after a busy day in the city. Penny and her family were wonderful - very friendly and helpful without being intrusive at all - and, yes, she did let us stay the extra night:) As others have mentioned, the wifi can be spotty in the cottage, but it really didn't detract from our vacation at all. We have already told friends and family about this amazing place, and we will definitely stay here next time we are in Washington!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at Three Tree Point B&B in Burien, WA during October 2012 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Penny is the ultimate host, as she brings in fresh breakfast fixings every day. And when we got there, there were flowers fresh from her garden and a card for our special occasion. I remarked that I wanted to write a book there... the peace and tranquility of looking out at Puget Sound, with Mount Ranier in the distance... well, it doesn't get any better than that! We will return if we are in the area. I'm so glad we found Three Tree Point rather than staying in downtown Seattle. Well worth the 15 minute drive. Wow!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowell, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you have never been to Seattle then perhaps you will want the big city but if you want a true, relaxing getaway with easy access to downtown, consider Three Tree Point B& B. My sister and I stayed in the Cottage and were awed by the view of The Sound . Burien is a great little town with good restaurants and a great bakery, Grand Central. My grandchildren live close by , so what a fun respite after a day of playing. The amenities are excellent and it is like having a home away from home. I can't wait to take my husband this fall for a getaway. We live in Michigan , so it is nice to have a an actual mini house instead of a hotel room. Thanks again , Penny Porcelli -Nerli ( no we are not related but fun to call Penny and say Hi Penny, this is Penny.)

Room Tip: Both cottage and suite are lovely and fully equiped but the cottage is seperate from the house and m...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was traveling for business and did not want to stay at a chain hotel and found Three Tree Point B&B. I was really pleased with my stay: Penny was friendly and gracious and provided little extras to make my stay more enjoyable. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. Looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Darien, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

If was my husbands first trip to Seattle and his first time in a B&B, he's ready to do both of these again.. it was a wonderful week, Penny is an amazing innkeeper and we so enjoyed her hospitality. It was the perfect place to unwind after a day of being a tourist.
the food, the views, the comfortable bed, it was a wonderful week. I am so glad I found Three Tree Point, it made for a wonderful week in Seattle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Three Tree Point B&B in May 2012. We were very lucky to have such beautiful weather! We thought that the location of Three Tree Point was perfect for us. Just outside of the city to give us that "get away from it all" feel, but it also gave us the ability to go into downtown Seattle on some days or explore the mountains to the south on others. We stayed in the cottage and were blown away by the view! The cottage was spacious, clean, cozy, just perfect. We really felt taken care of by Penny. The breakfast foods that were stocked and added to our fridge every day were perfect. Having the flexibility to make our breakfast when we wanted was wonderful. We also enjoyed going down the trail to the beach to watch the sunset. Penny suggested a little bar/restaurant that the locals love, and it became one of our favorites! If you have the chance check out the Tin Room Bar and Grill up the road from Three Tree Point B&B it is fabulous!

We loved our stay at Three Tree Point B&B and will stay here again when we return to Seattle!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Three Tree Point Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!