“Beautiful, Wonderful, Accomodating!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Freeland, Washington
“Beautiful, Wonderful, Accomodating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I have gone here twice now, and not only does it have a stunning view out on the back patio area, but the chef and waitress were so accommodating about my husband's gluten intolerance. The fish was so plentiful and wonderful, I ordered it, too, even though I'm not gluten free! Prepared so deliciously!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gibsons, Canada
“We liked this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A road side bar/eatery full of local character with a rural ambience.

The draft beer list is large and includes Angry Orchard cider. The menu is good (coastal) pub grub. Service was good - though the place was far from full.

Let's face it, there isn't much choice around here. And we would stop by again if we are passing through.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Good food but yikes, grab your own apron and lend a hand.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Labor Day weekend was spent camping at Dosewallips State Park, and Geoduck is close enough you can walk there if you run out of propane. We got a seat on the deck, which was great. But as I looked around, people looked... bored. We were there at 1:30 pm for a late lunch, but even though it was past the "lunch rush" we still had to wait for our menu, wait for our drinks, waaaiitt, for our order and and make a lot of conversation before our food arrived. Total time spent at the restaurant was two hours, the last 10 minutes was spent scarfing down our food because it finally arrived and we were SO hungry by that time. I have the prawns and chips, I don't remember what they tasted like because I inhaled them but I remember that there was an ample number of them.

So, eat a snack before you go, or order a very wheaty beer. Otherwise you might end up climbing the wall and gnawing on a moose antler or two.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“Best Burgers Incredable view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ok, so this place is ranked 63 rd best bar in America in Men's Esquire magizine, so I had to try it out. I seen the Double Dipper burger thhis thing is Huge! so i picked the Blue Burger I need to tell you right now they don't make anything small, I could only do half of it. To this day, is my new favorite Burger. My wife had the Captians Platter, it will feed two adults easy. I Ok about the view, it is right on Hood Canal you can sit outside on the deck and enjoy wildlife, you might get lucky and see a heard of Elk or some Bald Eagles. They have a large micro brew selection and Mix Drink aswell.

• Visited August 2013
Tallahassee, FL
“Great food & great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Geoduck (pronounced Gooey-Duck) is a bar/restaurant right on the Hood Canal in Puget Sound. While there we watched 5 bald eagles and an immature Golden Eagle hanging out in the marshes not far away. The waitress was great and got us several pairs of binoculars so we could get a better look. Two of us had the salmon burgers and they were great! Others had the burgers, which were huge and they said delicious! Very casual atmosphere, lots of local folks, and overall just a fun place.

• Visited May 2013