“Certified No MSG in the food and since new mgmt, tasty, tasty, tasty!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of No. 1 Buffet

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 165 restaurants in Bremerton
Belfair, Washington
“Certified No MSG in the food and since new mgmt, tasty, tasty, tasty!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have eaten here when it was still under the old owners and I would have to agree with the other bad reviews but since the change in management, WOW! Food is fresh ALL the time, they have been certified MSG free, the place is clean and orderly every time I go in, the girls (busers?) are always attentive and have a smile on their faces. The food!! Okay, you have to try the steamed sole with lemon grass and ginger! To die for! The baked chicken is perfectly moist and is never greasy. The beef broccoli is the best I have EVER had. The pot stickers (only when fresh) are wonderful. On Sundays, they have prime rib and lobster claws that were kind of hard to get into but the taste was great! Honey and I go there for lunch every time we head into Bremerton (which isn't very often) and have a wonderful time EACH time! Mind you, this review is AFTER the new management set things right. I would have NEVER given a glowing review to No. 1 Buffet prior. I heard that the health department closed this place down under the previous owners. And no, they aren't just more family changing hands. Completely different people. :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Bremerton, Washington
“OK place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is always clean and neat but many times the food seems to have been prepared the day before and heated up. Many times we get diarrhea after eating there and wonder if it is how they clean the dishes/silverware or if it is that we just can't eat that kind of food.

Visited April 2013
Tahuya, Washington
“I would rather not eat that go here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been here several times for work lunches because its reasonably priced and an facilitate a lot of people but I can't take it anymore its just not good. Everything is just so tasteless and greasy. I'm not a big fan of buffets anyway but this one is near the bottom as far as quality of food. My advise if you want Chinese food keep driving north a few blocks and hit up the Golden Star.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hansville
“Don't Go Here on a Bad Day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Many buffets, especially of the Chinese variety, have good days and bad days. I suppose that's because they don't freshen the food every day. A friend of our said the No. 1 Buffet was much better than the restaurant it replaced in the same building and it was even "pretty good" when he tried it about a month ago.

So, my wife and I were in the neighborhood around dinnertime and decided to try it. Well, we not not only hit it on a BAD day, but we must have hit it on the WORST day. All of the food was terrible. The fried food was not only overcooked and excessively greasy, but the oil they used to fry it in had an unpleasant off taste. The food was barely warm and quickly cooled to room temperature by the time you got back to your table. The steam tables were not hot enough!
I could go on and on, but on this day this restaurant was such a disaster that it was almost unbelievable. They say they "replace" the sushi every hour, but we were there or longer than that and never saw any employee near the sushi table. The rice they use to make the sushi was not sushi rice, so the rice, bland and tasteless, crumbled apart when you picked it up. At least the raw seafood wasn't spoiled, but it was almost devoid of taste.
This place was so unbelievably bad that we will return on more time, just to see if they were having the worst day of their lives or if this place really does suck. But this time I would give it NO stars, if I could!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“I disagree with many of the comments here......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Expenisve?... $6.95 for lunch. Crowded?... not unless you go at the peak times. Food selection is excellent... something for everyone: probably 10+ kinds of shrimp, baked salmon, oysters, new york steak strips, 10+ kinds of chicken, salad bar, sushi bar, chocolate fountain, desserts & ice creams, mac & cheese for the kids, noodles, rice, soups, donuts & cream puffs........... row after row after row of steam trays filled with FRESH food. (I think we were told they replace the trays every 30 minutes no matter how much is left in it.... wow!). Very clean... friendly staff. We travel about 70 miles r/t to eat here... it is that good! All the food tastes soooo good.... the only bad thing I can say about this restaurant is..... I EAT TOO MUCH !!

• Visited May 2012