“Love the mulas” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Juanito's Taqueria
6721 Kitsap Way, Bremerton, WA 98312 (Formerly Juanito's Taco Shop)
(360) 377-2595
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 167 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: Mexican
Seattle, Washington
“Love the mulas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I always get the same thing here - the mula is like a quesedilla. Chock full of tender meat and cheese. I usually call ahead for take out as the place is small.

Hansville
“Unusual and Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This place is just a couple of miles away from my office, so, after reading the other reviews here, I popped down to give it a try for lunch. As you can tell from my rating, I was pleasantly surprised.
The only thing I ordered was a carne asada burrito, but it was absolutely delicious. The meat was very tastily seasoned and marinated and included fresh onion chunks and lots of cilantro. Fresh onions (rather than sauteed) give it a little more "punch", in my opinion.

I was born and raised in San Diego and have spent a lot of time in Mexico, but I have never come across a hot sauce that is exactly like the stuff that is in the plastic squeeze bottles at Juanito's. It's not a chunky "salsa", but rather a more watery sauce that has a strange brownish-orange color to it. It's somewhat odd color gave me some trepidation, but when I tried it I found it to be a very competent condiment that does exactly what a good hot sauce should do: add heat AND flavor to the dish. This sauce fills the bill, nicely. (Warning to my Norwegian brethren from Poulsbo: STAY AWAY FROM THIS STUFF! While it is a far cry from a habanero-type hottness, it will make true square-head cry. If you are accustomed to chiles, it is moderately hot, but the flavor-enhancing qualities are remarkable.

The also have, in the second half of the building a small deli where you can buy the marinated meats the serve in the restaurant and a few other items, like tortillas.

The menu at this place is somewhat limited (I didn't see quesadias, for example), but there's certainly enough there to keep you coming back. Which is exactly what I plan to do!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lompoc
“excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

we ate here once then came back and bought meat to bbq at my daughter's. it is marinated and very tasty. awesome place. the wait staff was friendly as well

Visited July 2012
Bremerton, Washington
“Best tacos in Washington State”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've lived in Washington my whole life... never had such delicious, authentic tacos as the one's at Juanito's. Thought I would have to fly back down to California, Arizona or New Mexico to taste such delicacies again! The only problem is that they close at 6 pm and aren't open on Sundays.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poulsbo, Washington
“Great Tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This is a little hole in the wall restaurant located off of Chico Way in Bremerton. The inside is very small, standing room only, but there are picnic tables outside. There is also a drive thru. This is authentic, real deal Mexican food. The tacos are on the smaller side, but that is authentic. The food is amazingly fresh and delicious. The pork was perfectly seasoned and tender, topped with diced onions and cilantro inside two warm corn tortillas. If you are hungry, you need to order at least three tacos to fill you up. This place is so good. Don't let the outside fool you!

• Visited February 2012