“Terrific” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 38 things to do in Bremerton
Bremerton
“Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

People were VERY helpful & courteous. Enjoyed it very much and is a terrific place to take kids. My great grandchild loved it!

Visited August 2013

Scottsdale
18 attraction reviews
“Interesting for Adults, and it's FREE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

You can leave the kids at home because there are already plenty of kids there. Seriously, I went by myself and really enjoyed my 20 minute self-guided tour. It's free, but if you look hard you can find a donation jar. Lots of bug-related stuff for sale. T-shirts, posters, ant farms, etc.

The building is small, as is the parking lot. If the lot is full, so is the museum, so come back in 15 minutes. It's across the street from where they dock the mothballed aircraft carriers, which is something to look at for a minute or two while you're waiting for a parking spot to open up.

By the time you are ready to leave you will want to make a dollar or two donation just to support what they are doing there. If not, no problem.

Visited August 2013
Bremerton, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“I was impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I took our 3 year old grandsons to the Bug Museum. They are pretty young, but they thoroughly enjoyed it. They especially liked using the big magnifiers to look at bugs, butterflies, beetles etc They also liked the live Butterflies. Everything is displayed very nicely. It's clean and well kept. I look forward to going back again. It is free, amazingly so, but does take donations.

Visited July 2013
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
“Great place to take the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Small free museum, definitely worth a trip. My children loved the reptile room and Cecil the giant turtle. The lady working was very nice and took out a gecko to let my daughter touch. We spent about an hour there and enjoyed learning about all the bugs.

Visited July 2013
Port Orchard, Washington
“OH, To Be a Kid Again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I love bugs! And this place is the best way for people to see them and what a diverse bunch of beings they are.

Kids like bugs. They can see how pretty they can be, how scary they can be, and all the cool things that different bugs can do.

The Earth needs bugs, They are part of the Circle of Life on a lot of different planes of existence. I think we need them as much as they need us.

So, go be a kid again! Check out the cool creepy crawlies in Beautiful and Historic Bremerton, Washington. Your Inner Child will thank you. :)