“Second Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Skagit Ridge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
The Skagit Ridge Hotel
You added The Skagit Ridge Hotel to your Saves list
18444 Bow Ridge Drive, Bow, WA 98232   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bow
Surrey, Canada
“Second Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and decided on the Skagit Ridge Hotel. This was our second visit. I attempted to book online but the website was a huge pain! Over the course of a week I was unable to get anywhere. I sent an email but this came back undeliverable. Finally in frustration, I phoned and received very courteous and helpful assistance in reserving the room I wanted. Ironically, we ended up in the same room that we had on our first visit. The hotel has a very big, bright, and welcoming lobby. Our room was large and very comfortable, complete with kitchen sink, small fridge, and a microwave. Exceptionally clean throughout! Open the curtains and you look onto forest--very, very private. Breakfast is okay but limited to toast, waffles, cereal, and yougurt. The Skagit Ridge Hotel is approx. two city blocks from the casino so it is very quiet. The towns of Burlington and Mt. Vernon are only a ten minute drive with lots of restaurants and shopping. If you are looking for action this is NOT the place, but it is ideal for a quiet relaxing getaway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

This review is for the Skagit Ridge Casino hotel which is NOT the one next to the casino, but across from it.

PRICE: the price is a VERY good value, join SKAGIT club member at the casino and you can get a better discount.

LOCATION: very central with a car, close to Burlington outlet and another 1/2 hour takes you to Seattle Premium Outlets.

STAFF: friendly.

ROOM: We had the 1-king bed on the 1st floor that had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, ironboard, hair dryer (shower head spray was not that powerful), it's clean and spacious, as you continue reading I had to give them an average due to my ladybug experience.

THE EXPERIENCE: I walk in and the receptionist greeted me by my last name! I asked her how she knew my name as this was my FIRST time ever to stay at this hotel, she said that there were only 5 check-in's that day (so I guess I was the last person of the 5 to check-in?) Anyways, we went to our hotel room and dropped off our stuff and went out again to go for a bite. We come back to the room and I asked my husband if the air conditioning was left on or it turned on when we slipped our hotel keys to get into the room, we figured that it was turned on the whole time. We settled in for the night, I had to do an assignment and my husband was on the internet and as I was stretching, I looked up and saw a ladybug and thinking they were harmless and it was the only bug that I'm not afraid of, we left it. Come around 1:00 a.m. another stretch and look up and there are now 4 ladybugs actively walking AND flying on the ceiling!! Then I realized that since they were so active and flying I DID NOT want one flying on me or even into my mouth if i open my mouth to sleep!
We called front desk and told him about the ladybug problem and he gave me the options: A) we kill them; B) he comes into the room to kill it; C) he gets pest control or maintenance to come and LOOK at the problem. I figured with 5 people in the hotel surely he can give us another one since it's 1:15 a.m........WELL, he said that we would be charged the hotel rate for another room!!!!!
Option A would've been what we would've done but we didn't want to "smudge" or "ruin" the walls/ceiling of the room and get dinged for it as 'damage' we told him to come deal with it. So, the front desk comes in with a plastic bag and starts jumping and trying to get them off the ceiling and kill them (with a plastic bag), after about 5-minutes of failed attempts, he decided to go get something so he can reach the ceiling and get it (REALLY??) comes back 5-minutes later and he has a vacuum and sucks all the ladybugs for us. Afterwards, I joked and said maybe he should keep the vaccum here so I can keep sucking them from the ceiling and he was going to leave it with us! I told him that maybe this was not a good solution as I might be having it on all night and 'disturbing' the other guests?????????????
Drama over, it is 1:45 a.m.
Check-out time, front desk asked how my stay was and I told her I did not want to discuss it, and said "oh...the bug problem" I confirmed and she slipped and said 'oh we get that all the time' and then I was disgusted and asked "so this is a regular problem? and your hotel doesn't do anything about preventing this?" she said that they were next to a farm and it was beyond their control, and that this problem also occurs at their other hotel across the way (Skagit Hotel located right next to the casino).
Anyways, this was my one (and hopefully only) experience at The Skagit Ridge but will be continuing my stays at the regular Skagit Hotel next to the casino.
Hope this helps!!!

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing South or whichever faces the farm next to the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Rooms and hotel very clean and modern. Staff very friendly and continental breakfast on par with similar hotels. Wifi free and limited to rooms near lobby. Free shuttle service to casino every 15 minutes. I have stayed at casino hotel and the Ridge is much nicer although is located a short drive across the street. Be sure to join rewards club which will take off 20.00 during weekday stays. Shopping close by in Burlington, with popular stores and outlet mall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Love staying at this hotel and have done so many times over the years since it opened. It is has a great staff - friendly- always willing to help. Rooms are large and comfortable plus all the ammenties you need. Like the shuttle back and forth to the casino.
Everything we want or need is close at hand including shopping in Mt Veron -Burlington area so the wives can spend our casino winnings should we get any. Only complaint is the casino is very smokey but that doesn't translate to this hotel unlike the main Skagit Hotel where the smoke seems to gravitate up into the halls at times.

Room Tip: chose third floor so not bothered by footsteps above you.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

This hotel was recommended to me by a business associate. Very modern and clean! Staff at check-in were very friendly and helpful. if you hold a Skagit Casino players card, you get a $20.00 reduction in price. Our room was large and comfortable with a kingsize bed, mini fridge, sink, and microwave. The bathroom had all the amenities and was very, very clean. Continental breakfast was in a large room with an ajoining patio that could be used in summer.
Quiet, clean, and comfortable--what more could you ask for?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Summerland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The booking is always fast and easy, the staff always friendly and helpful. The hotel is not at the casino but across the highway, there is a free shuttle that will get you to and from the casino. This property is away from the casino and well off the highway and that is why it is so quiet. the rooms are nice and always clean, beds are comfortable. With the room you also get a complementry breakfast, it is well worth it with make your own waffles and lots of other stuff to eat. I would highly recomend this hotel while playing at the Skagit Casino or a stop over hotel.

Room Tip: Get a players card from the Skagit Casino and you will get a discount on the room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bonney Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Check-in was a breeze and our room was clean and quiet....except for the couple in the next room who let the door slam every time they went in and out.....not the hotel's fault. Shuttle was great for getting back and forth to the casino. Amenities in the room were adequate. Just an fyi, they charge $5 if you want to use the pool/work out area. We applied for the player's club card to get a discount on the room and our dinner. There is a coffee stand just across the paking lot and my latte was yummy. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Skagit Ridge Hotel? Share your experiences!