“Casino is now a disappointment and not fully open with "rules"” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Attractions in Bow
Type: Casinos
Attraction Details
Camano Island, Washington
“Casino is now a disappointment and not fully open with "rules"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We always considered Skagit Valley Casino a special treat, an upgraded time of entertainment with a great Rewards Club program. On our first trip back after the new Rewards Club program, no one at the Rewards Club desk could explain HOW we accumulate points on slot play. We were told the employees weren't even allowed to know just how points accumulate. I simply wanted to know if it was one point for each dollar played or one point for every 2 dollars played, etc. They won't tell you. What's the big secret? One employee suggested that perhaps points were accumulated faster if you stayed on the same machine playing it over and over, win or lose? Who wants to stay on a machine that continually loses just to gain points? I'd be better off to just say the heck with the points and play in my comfort zone. Or better yet - we won't be making the drive back just for a little upgrade on atmosphere until there's a totally open explanation of HOW points are accumulated and the "rules" are out in the open and in print. No one in their right mind really expects to win every time. The casino couldn't stay in business if everyone won all the time but my husband and I at least expect everything to be up front for the perks.

Visited November 2013

Tampa, Florida
18 attraction reviews
“Great Food (Friday was Seafood) but the Casino............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went to enjoy the seafood buffet for dinner with friends from the area. Our server was very personable, attentive (very attractive too....but I digress). The buffet had a variety of fresh seafood fried, steamed, boiled, hot and cold. The crablegs were the mission of the evening though. There were plenty and they were fresh, not soggy and limp. Some of the fried foods (shrimp, fish, etc) lacked seasoning, but that's typical of buffets. We had a nice evening of dining.

After dinner, we made our way through the casino but could not stay because of the heavy smoke . I was a bit surprised that a casino this size did not have stronger ventilation. Having just ate a full meal, the thick smell of smoke did not allow the meal to settle well so unfortunately, I couldn't give away more of my money in the machines.

Visited October 2013
Sedro Woolley, Washington
“Great Place and Close By”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Last time I reviewed this place was when we just moved to Skagit County from King/Pierce County. I guess the waitress that refused to serve me (because I am Asian and dressed up too sexy?) was fired or quit. Anyway, she is not there anymore.

Because this place is so close to where we live, we like to come here on some weekends. Now that my husband knows every bartender and tips at least 20% each and every time and all the staff may know us too, we kind of treat this place as "our recreation room." The fancy restaurant "Five Onions" was recently changed to "Skagit Skillet", which serves breakfast the whole day?! This is pretty amazing --- We love the new menu. The only thing that I miss from the previous menu is the Steak Salad, which I used to order.

Same problem as other casinos - being smoky. It bothers me the most. We know whatever decision management makes is always hard to please everyone. I just wish something could be done about that smoke in the "Winners Lounge" since it is built in a confined room.

I do want to thank everyone of you who works here for treating us friendly and with dignity.

Visited September 2013
Kalama, Washington, United States
39 attraction reviews
“Breakfast in a pinch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We needed to get a quick breakfast before we took off from a nearby campsite so we decided to give this casino a try since it's right there. We went early. I think they open at 7 or 7:30 and that's definitely when you want to go because at 9 am they open the casino and then the smoke from the casino drifts into the restaurant (gross). The breakfast was good and they have lots of choices. We really would have had a good experience had we gotten out of there before 9 am and dealt with that smoke but since we didn't, I'm rating them average. The service was good and the food was food. The atmosphere was super cute (of the restaurant only).

Visited September 2013
Langley City, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staff was friendly, servers are slow so best service is directly from the bar. Dealers are well trained or under watchful supervision. Happy atmosphere, nice for a smaller casino. More play for smaller amounts of money and player rewards are freely given and can be redeemed for food or gas at the corner gas station.

Visited August 2013

Been to Skagit Valley Casino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Skagit Valley Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.