“Great Place and Close By” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Bow
Sedro Woolley, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Place and Close By”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Last time I reviewed this place was when we just moved to Skagit County from King/Pierce County. I guess the waitress that refused to serve me (because I am Asian and dressed up too sexy?) was fired or quit. Anyway, she is not there anymore.

Because this place is so close to where we live, we like to come here on some weekends. Now that my husband knows every bartender and tips at least 20% each and every time and all the staff may know us too, we kind of treat this place as "our recreation room." The fancy restaurant "Five Onions" was recently changed to "Skagit Skillet", which serves breakfast the whole day?! This is pretty amazing --- We love the new menu. The only thing that I miss from the previous menu is the Steak Salad, which I used to order.

Same problem as other casinos - being smoky. It bothers me the most. We know whatever decision management makes is always hard to please everyone. I just wish something could be done about that smoke in the "Winners Lounge" since it is built in a confined room.

I do want to thank everyone of you who works here for treating us friendly and with dignity.

Visited September 2013

Kalama, Washington
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Breakfast in a pinch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We needed to get a quick breakfast before we took off from a nearby campsite so we decided to give this casino a try since it's right there. We went early. I think they open at 7 or 7:30 and that's definitely when you want to go because at 9 am they open the casino and then the smoke from the casino drifts into the restaurant (gross). The breakfast was good and they have lots of choices. We really would have had a good experience had we gotten out of there before 9 am and dealt with that smoke but since we didn't, I'm rating them average. The service was good and the food was food. The atmosphere was super cute (of the restaurant only).

Visited September 2013
White Rock, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staff was friendly, servers are slow so best service is directly from the bar. Dealers are well trained or under watchful supervision. Happy atmosphere, nice for a smaller casino. More play for smaller amounts of money and player rewards are freely given and can be redeemed for food or gas at the corner gas station.

Visited August 2013
Victoria
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Very nice and clean Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean & large Casino. Lots of Security present. The Friday Seafood Buffet was excellent. We will go back for sure!!

Visited May 2013
Burlington, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Just average - Perhaps less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The biggest issue that I have with this casino is that the property allows patrons to save chairs at slot machines for indefinite amounts of time. Patrons save chairs next to them because their friend hasn't shown up yet, or is getting something to eat or whatever. Seems to me, you snooze - you loose, I don't care how bad you have to go. I'm surprised the casino is willing to give up money on non-playing machines. On busy nights (when there are promotions as well as Friday through Sunday) be prepared for no slot machines to be available to play.

The quality of the food at the buffet depends on what time you get there. The majority of hot entrees offered for lunch and dinner are uninspired or typical buffet style food and at times should be refreshed more often than they are. If you prefer rare to medium prim rib prepare to be disappointed. The multiple times that I've been there it's been offered medium to well done.

The Skagit Valley Casino is not a bad place and I'll definitely be back. It's just that it doesn't deserve more than an average rating.

Visited May 2013

Been to Skagit Valley Casino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Skagit Valley Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.