“Traveled To See Entertainment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skagit Valley Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
Skagit Valley Casino Resort
Save Saved
You added Skagit Valley Casino Resort to your Saves list
5984 North Darrk Lane, Bow, WA 98232   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bow
Washington
“Traveled To See Entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have traveled here twice in the last year to see shows at the casino. Nice small venue for seeing entertainers. Good clean rooms with good service. Casino is not very big and not much variety for food. We had a great time though because we were there for the shows. As long has they have good entertainment, we will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bc, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nice place. The seafood buffet was a tad disappointing due to the fact the seafood was overcooked. Also, it was freezing where this buffet was located. Food became cold pretty quickly. Nice casino. Being a non smoker I didn't find it too smoky in there, so ventilation is working. I wouldn't stay there again as I have stayed at another place, that is a bit cheaper, that does offer a continental breakfast, which this one doesn't.

Room Tip: Seafood buffet wasn't that great as the food was over cooked.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Spent a long weekend here with a Vintage Car Club tour. Excellent value for the money. Rooms were very clean, large and well appointed. Nice pool and hot tub. Very friendly service with complimentary coffee in lobby. Lovely lobby area. Smaller hotel next to casino. Casino allows smoking so this took a bit away from my experience here. Hotel is close to Burlington Outlet stores which is next freeway exit south of the hotel. A very good basic hotel. Beds are a bit soft for my tastes. For a shopping weekend with the girls, this would be a good choice. Will stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Blaine, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nothing too fancy here.. Its a nice casino not too large I can think of a few better suited to my preferences

Room our nice as I have spent a couple of anniversary's here nice to gamble then settle in to some room service.

Casino is average to small and it can get packed here sodas are on tap self serve which is nice

I was turned away my last attempt to stay here though to some dismay As I was returning from South America driving back from Seattle airport to Bellingham While out of the country my drivers license had just expired even though I had stayed here on more than I occasion and I was on file they would not rent me a room and apparently a US pass port was not acceptable as a primary form of I.D.... so

I drove to the Silver Reef Casino in Ferndale and rented the Ruby suite on the 4th floor And unwound!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had business near Burlington, WA but couldn't find a hotel we were interested in with a vacancy for the night we needed. By driving North on the interstate a short distance we found the Skagit Valley Casino Resort in Bow, WA. The prices were far less than in Burlington and we had a 3rd floor suite which included a small balcony, two sided fireplace (bedroom and living room) and a spa tub in addition to the usual. The bed was comfortable, room spacious, Wifi an easy connect, non-smoking rooms available,and very clean. We enjoyed the dinner buffet (again very reasonable) and felt no pressure to participate in casino activity. We'd definitely stay here again. Although we did not use it - the indoor swimming pool and hot tub looked enticing and barely used.

Room Tip: Ask for an available balcony suite. It is well worth the extra $10.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The previous time we stayed at the Skagit Valley Casino Resort (Sept. 2013) we were not all that happy with some of the changes they had made to their rewards members packages. We were, however, very pleased with the new hotel upgrades of carpeting, linens, paint, etc. So we decided it was time to return and see if it was still worth making it our little destination getaway.
I am happy to say that we were a little more pleased with our stay this time but things are definitely different.

The reception staff are as friendly as ever. We requested some extra towels and they arrived shortly afterward, delivered by one of the desk personnel. The room was clean and nicely updated and the lobby was comfortable and quiet for us to log onto the internet. Wi-fi is not provided in the rooms. They have reinstituted the rewards members rates for mid-week till the end of June which was a deciding factor for us to try the hotel one more time. We didn't use the pool/spa area this time so I cannot comment on it.

As for the casino, it is basically the same, however, they have reduced the size (smaller) of the paper coffee cups at the coffee station near the bar. The resort credit card machines were down the entire evening so unless you had cash or a lot of "rewards bucks" you weren't having a whole lot of fun. We did find it very strange that you could still charge a purchase in the casino gift/tobacco shop but right next door at the bar it was cash only. Makes one wonder if the machines were actually down or if the hotel is trying to save on fees paid to credit card companies...hmmm.

The Skagit Skillet Restaurant has changed it's menu and raised the prices. Sadly, the food was not nearly as good as before and our server was cranky. I don't think we will dine there anymore, there are lots of other restaurants in the surrounding towns.

All in all, the Skagit is a good place to relax for a night or two if you plan to golf, shop or gamble; as long as you can get used to the subtle ways they are trying to get more for less.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Have been staying there every month due to great promos i get, the rooms are nice&suites are great,front desk ppl always friendly,pool, hottub&sauna very nice.Location is fine for i just drive 10 mins to Burlington Mall which i enjoy better then Bellis Fair Mall also Burlington has a Outlet mall.Mt.Vernon is like 15 mins away with also lots of shopping&my April stay at Skagit i did The Skagit Tulip Festival that was beautifull.So for me this hotel is in perfect location to do so much.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Skagit Valley Casino Resort? Share your experiences!