“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skagit Valley Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
Skagit Valley Casino Resort
You added Skagit Valley Casino Resort to your Saves list
5984 North Darrk Lane, Bow, WA 98232   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bow
Vancouver, Canada
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We rented the executive suite which proved very reasonable if it not were for the "casino fee" that was tacked on at checkout and never mentioned at check-in. The suite was spacious with fireplace. A nice touch. As to cleanliness, that left much to be desired. Carpet sofas and armchair were stained. A good clean would have helped. We stayed two days and while we did not partake in the "free breakfast" ( could do without or a coupon to eat at the casino restaurant would be more appreciated). One huge disappointment was housekeeping. The room was barely cleaned....the hideaway was not done up even though it had been left open. The bed was hardly made..more done up like a child being asked to make her bed. It's too bad since this comment may reflect on one or two people and not necessarily the entire housekeeping staff. The casino is very poorly ventilated so if you are a non-smoker or suffer from allergies, good luck. Payoffs are generally very low. You are better off to gamble at Tulalip or SilverReef. Not much else to do in the area but you mid-point between Seattle Premium Outlet and Bellis Fair Mall (about 20-25 minutes each way)

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have been staying at the Skagit Hotel for years so when we checked in this week, we were surprised by the changes that have recently occurred. On the bright side, the rooms are all undergoing upgrades with new carpeting, paint, linens, TV's, lamps, etc. They were getting tired and old so this was a nice surprise. What was not such a nice surprise was the fact that the hotel has gotten rid of their "rewards" program which was a perk to repeat visitors. It gave people a better hotel rate, a discount at the dining room and some casino privileges; all something which kept us coming back. That, coupled with the fact that all the old slot machines have been replaced with more costly, higher end ones that don't pay as well made the stay very disappointing.
The staff were as friendly as always, however, I think our days of returning to the Skagit for a little getaway from home are over and we will seek out a new retreat along the Pacific Northwest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympic Penninsula
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is next to the casino, but has no interior access. All food is in the casino: (buffet $$, pretty awful adults-only snak-bar, and Skagit Skillet sit-down restaurant with usually good but sometimes cold food and very cold a/c). Rooms are comfortable, employees friendly, but handicapped rooms really are not. They have extra space for wheelchairs, grab-bars in the bathroom and a portable bath seat. But . .. the supposedly hand-held shower wand is stationed 6 feet above the tub floor, can only be adjusted down to 4 feet and cannot be removed from the slider, coffee pot cord was wraped so tight I could not undo it, and outlet was low behind the desk.
Refrigerator was on the floor, very difficult for people who cannot touch their toes. Hand towels were on the grab bar, but bathtowels were stacked above the toilet, not easy to reach.
Tub was not cleaned after first night's use so was slipery and hairy second night. Easy chair had stains. They only change sheets every other night.

Casino was nice, lots of good games and soft slots. Only problem was they ration the drinks. Rule (which they do not tell you ahead of time) is, the first drink can be a double, but after that you can only have one at a time, half-an hour apart. The guy next to me ordered a beer and Goldschlager, came back 20 minutes later and was told he could not have another double, only a beer. I was just back from all day outdoors at a family reunion and my back was killing me. Since I am allergic to NSAIDS and other painkillers, I use scotch as an anesthetic and had ordered a scotch with lots of ice and water. It was so weak, I was also ready for another in 20 minutes. But, when I ordered another, I was told I had to wait 7 minutes. (Since I had not ordered a double at the beginning, I was out of luck and had to wait the full 30 minutes between drinks.) I complained to the bartender, then to the acting food and beverage person, but was told that was the rule. (Which they do not mind breaking if you are a regular, or are eating dinner). I gave up, sat in a hot bubblebath for 2 hours (with scotch I bought at a liquor store) and finally my back stopped hurting, until I tried to wash my hair. Once I got the slider down to hair heighth, it twisted and sprayed water all over the bench seat, towel, book, slippers, nightgown all outside the shower curtain. Fun.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Eastsound, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip with the family. While not as new and fancy and the Tulalip down I-5 but a nice place none the less. Had trouble booking the room because of phone problems on their end but I got the reservation eventually. Arrived late with the family and the very nice girls at front desk informed me of a free upgrade to a suite. VERY COOL. THANK YOU! Place was clean and room was quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay at the resort we were just visiting the casino for my birthday but I found the staff very nice and the casino was fun. Won some money and even tho it wasn't the actual day of my birthday they let me earn three times the points cause it is my birthday month ! Very nice people my husband and I look forward to going back and staying soon!

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday night to do the $20 for $30 deal which was no longer on. Which was a bit disappointing, but I was still looking to have some fun. However, the staff was not friendly, not helpful, and the security guard continued to follow my boyfriend and I around checking our ID 3 times, even though we got a stamp after the first one. She also had complete attitude, was very rude, and gave her personal opinion to us more than once on things like she didnt like my how my boyfriend dressed!! How rude! We left after contastly being harassed and have no intention of going back! Beware of unfriendly staff!!

• Stayed September 2013
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at Skagit several times and find the rooms very nice. What makes Skagit stand out in our minds are the staff in the hotel. They are polite, helpful and seem to enjoy the work they do. We were in need of extra help with a wheelchair and it was ready and waiting for us. Reasonable rates also. Shopping close by.

Room Tip: Book Early.