“We should eat here every month they are open” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bellingham, WA
“We should eat here every month they are open”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

So said my husband today after consuming an excellent lunch. The Rhody (as it's known locally) is open March--November and has a different cuisine featured each month. In July they serve island food (Caribbean, Hawaiian, Cuban, etc.) and we had the Cuban sandwich. We preceded the entree with a Chuckanut cheese plate (3 local cheeses plus a mango chutney with apple slices) and it was all yummy. I had locally made ice cream for dessert (vanilla and salted caramel). I admit I didn't especially care for the salted caramel ice cream; thought it tasted like molasses, but other than that, I would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

vancouver
“Best of the West-go there now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

There are not many places that have quality and consistency and wonderful food and service.
The Rhododendron Cafe has all of these things with locally sourced foods, great coffee, and service that is unhurried and customer focussed. Dropped in on my way from Seattle Airport with a California film producer who was completely dazzled by the marvellous food in gentle unpretentious surroundings. Outstanding salads, and a Malaysian Laksa that was superb.
Find a reason to go to Bow, and rush for one of the finest meals you can get in the Northwest Pacific.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington
“Great Brunch and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We decided to take our Berner (Bernese Mt. Dog) for a walk by Padilla Bay. We drove down the scenic Chuckanut drive (in Washington) stopped in to have breakfast/brunch at the locally famous Rhododendron Cafe. The service was spot on and the food was a delight in every bite. The cost was very reasonable and everything else was great!!!! Serendipity!

Recommend it for anyone! This is truly a treasure of the Pacific Northwest.

PS It does not look like much from the outside, but well worth the stop.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Freeland, Washington
“Back to the Rhododendron Cafe!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We went back after such a great previous experience. This time for Mother's Day. We were not disappointed. I love the fun innovative cuisine that changes month by month. Our brunch offerings were what I expected- quality, well-crafted, tasty, and very filling. It's a special place to keep coming back to.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
vancouver
“Fine food of the Pacific Northwest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

What a surprise to find such a fine restaurant a few miles off the I-5. Take the Bow-Edison exit from I-5, or the scenic Chuckanut drive to the Rohdodenfron Cafe. An unassuming little house at the crossroads serves amazing, fresh local food. We had oysters from down the road, brilliant goat's cheese salads, and such a reasonable bottle of Washington wine. I'm tempted to keep the secret to myself, but I really want this restaurant to thrive; it will be our regular dinner stop on the way to Seattle.

• Visited April 2012