“Childhood favorite!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Childhood favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This has been a birthday tradition for me since I was 10 years old. My aunt would pick me up every year on my birthday and take me here for brunch and tea! I have nothing but fond memories and love the decor!

I took my boyfriend and my younger sister here this past summer and we had a great time. I believe it's slightly overpriced and the online reservation system is unorganized, which is the only reason I don't give it 5 stars.

I would definitely recommend coming here, for a special occasion!

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Watch out for Groupon's deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I bought $10 for $20 Groupon deal and invited a friend to go for afternoon tea. I wasn't aware afternoon tea cost $31.45 each and sharing it wasn't allowed. Between us, it cost over $80 with a tip. So, $10 didn't save us much. Afternoon tea comes with a pot of tea for each, little sandwitches, cookies and fruit. While we were there, circuit braker went out several times and all the power went out. They said it is always like this when it's busy. Service was good and friendly but I didn't think it was worth the money I paid.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kirkland, WA
“Must have been an off day!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I wanted to take my friend her for her birthday and to keep with the theme of what I bought her. As we were getting seated we saw two girls get up and leave because the restaurant was out of something on the menu they wanted. We we soon found out because we both wanted the chicken curry salad and they did not have that. The waitress said they did not have time to make it yet? This was 11:30am. So then my friend asked for soup and caesar salad....guess what they had no romaine lettuce so offered wild greens or spinach for a caesar. So basically on the very small menu they had two things were missing, but the more gluten free items. So, we both got quiche...it was very average. Service was slow, waitress was nice, but to not be prepared for business and not offer the things on your menu when you open your doors is disappointing. Run to the store and buy romaine. If I was the waitress I would have brought a little dessert to say sorry we are so unprepared! We both agree we probably would not go back. Too bad. Not a very special birthday treat!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tracyton, Washington
“Again, a lovely visit to a charming bit of culture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was the latest of four or five visits to Elizabeth & Alexander's English Tea Room. Had a $25 for $12.50 Groupon, so I took the ferry from Kitsap Peninsula to pick up my aunt in Bothell for a relaxed, unhurried lunch. We weren't ravenously hungry so shared the dessert sampler (and couldn't finish it all), and had our expected good time and good food. The server was quick and competent, and when we chose coffee (gasp!) over tea confided to us she herself didn't care for tea either, and continued the friendly chat each time she came to the table. We had expected to spend an hour or more there and had planned to take our time, enjoying conversation over a leisurely meal, and felt neither rushed nor ignored. This is a place we intend to go back to as often as we can, particularly if we can find more coupons, as it is a little pricey. But the ambience and quality of food are worth an occasional splurge. We like it there! :-)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gold Bar, Washington
“very mixed experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

food is very limited. afternoon tea is $32 a person too much money for me so I got a Windsor torte which was $17 which came with salad and some grapes. It was very cheesy and really not much flavor.and then we ordered bread pudding which was fine best part of meal but then problems started, We waited and waited for bill to arrive after waiting 10 minutes after we started counting the time my husband walked over to waitress and asked for the bill and 20 minutes more and we received it and were able to go. it was close to 45 minutes before we were able to leave.

• Visited February 2013