“Beautiful & 2nd time stay- QUIET!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bothell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Spokane, WA
“Beautiful & 2nd time stay- QUIET!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We stayed here 2 nites (free points) in the early fall of 2007. Wonderful place! (This used to be a Wyndham property and is GORGEOUS). Just stayed again 7/31/08 thur 8/4/08 - again, beautiful. We had a king smoking room on the 2nd floor. (mybad!) My son got married that weekend & we needed a quiet room, asked for a refer (which was arriving as we GOT TO OUR ROOM! by the most pleasant guy ever - unfortunately didn't catch his name, but encountered him a number of times, he always said hello, knew us, and saw him all the time, cleaning, attending the pool, etc, ALWAYS with a smile on his face!) - the breakfast is good, YES, now the toast, pastries, etc are where you can see them - for a free breakfast, it's pretty awesome! Pretty much what you'd expect, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs w/cheese, juices, milk, coffee, fresh fruit, hashbrowns (good!), bagels/cream cheese, muffins/pastries, etc., Beds are absolutely super comfy (you do not want to get out of them!), with feather pillows (or so they seemed). Pretty much anything we requested (we're in our 50's and don't require much, but the staff was awesome!) was taken care of immediately. They know where to point you for restaurants, lunch places, etc. The pool is absolutely beautiful AND big for the Seattle area). I laid out reading a book on the day after my son's wedding (Sunday) and only saw maybe 5-7 people - all very quiet, respecting each other. Very very peaceful, and with beautiful blue sky that day!
Even the Friday nite (2nd nite) we stayed, there were young (18-22?) kids out by the pool, very respectful and pretty quiet (amazing!) until 10 pm when the pool closes. They also have a jacuzzi at the end of pool.
I would recommend this place to anybody! BEAUTIFUL lobby, very nice lounge for drinks (we always buy our own beer and take to the room - so didn't partake, I think it closes at 10pm) but really an absolutely gorgeous property and considering it's proximity to the freeway (I-405) only one minute away, it's like it's in it's own little haven of quiet! A quick mart is right across the parking lot from the hotel -1- 2 minute walking distance -(open til 10PM) for all kinds of things, including gas, and there is also a really cool pathway- running track behind the hotel. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYBODY. It's a GEM! And since our kids live in the Seattle area (we live in
Spokane, WA and I travel on busiiness all the time) , we will DEFINATELY stay here again and again! There are some great restaurants up north at the next exit, you can go either right or left -we went right and ended up at a "Canyons" restaurant - can't miss it, right on the main drag after you take the exit, down in a kind of "hole" on the right hand side- (kind of Southwestern- CAUTION- we only wanted a light lunch - we SHARED a Cobb salad and still couldn't eat all of it!)- the portions are HUGE!!!

• Liked — Thie Quiet & close proximity to I-495
  • Disliked — Nothing - it's great!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I spent two nights at the hotel and was extremely satisfied with all the amenities. In the past I've stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Bothell and I'm here to tell you that the Country Inn & Suites blows them out of the water. It's cheaper. quieter, cleaner and larger than the ESD. I loved the lobby with a free internet computer and a library with a fireplace (I borrowed a book while I was there).
The breakfast is AMAZING. I can't believe the choices. Lots of hot food: waffles, eggs, sausge, bacon, cold and hot cereals, fruit, yogurt, beverages and easy to locate toast and pastries (no longer "hidden behind a wall"). Free newspaper every morning. The pool was open but it was so cold out that only two brave souls were using it. Cable TV was disappointing, only the most basic of channels (hence the visit to the lending library). The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom large and clean. Good heating and AC. No refrigerator or microwave in the rooms and I couldn't locate a microwave anywhere to make popcorn for my teenage son.
The hotel was't very busy on Sat and Sun nights so it was very quiet. No problem with parking. I visit my family in Bothell frequently and this hotel is now "my new best (hotel) friend". I expect to be staying there monthly.

• Liked — Very quiet on the weekends, great (free) breakfast
  • Disliked — Poor cable channel choices, no nearby restaurants
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

It was a last minute booking thru Priceline. We were very happy with our stay. Free breakfast was very good. Help yourself, bacon & sausage done just right :). 3 kinds of juice. Hot oatmeal with walnuts, raisins, brown sugar. Bread choices were in corner. Muffins, bagels, 3 kinds of bread all very fresh.
We got fresh hot cookies when we checked in at night. The pool was very nice. Beds were very comfortable.
Quite a nice stay.

Stayed September 2007
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

I won this on priceline for $42 a night, so can't really complain, but will point out some pros and cons for those of you thinking of paying full price...

Pro:
Free Breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, cereals, fruit, muffins,toast,etc...)

Con:
They 'hide' the bread products. No joke. They are off in the corner so no one can see them. Bread/bagels/muffins. The first morning we were there I found it very odd that I couldn't get a muffin or toast at breakfast. I know I am not the only one to have thought this, as SEVERAL people were complaining about the same thing. I even noticed someone here on tripadvisor said they thought it was odd there was no bread.
We were sitting having cereal and I smelled toast. Well everyone must have smelled it at the same time, as heads were turning, trying to figure this out. Way off in the corner, behind a little wall, was a spot with a toaster, bread, bagels and muffins! YAY! You have never seen 20 people race for bread so fast in your life. It was actually funny. One person had spotted it somehow, and I am not sure how. So head to the far corner...there is bread there.

Pro:
Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate 24hrs in the lobby. Also free cookies put out each afternoon.

Con: Water for the Tea/Hot Chocolate was luke warm at best. Cookies were hard as rocks.

Pro: They have a gorgeous outdoor Pool and hottub. Tons of patio chairs and its a very relaxing setting.

Con: The pool is ICY COLD. And when I say ICY, I mean it. It was 27 degrees out, hot and a bit muggy. We had been on the road all day and looked forward to a refreshing swim. I stepped in and stood for a minute and realized I could not feel my feet after standing there for about 20 seconds. The sun had not even heated this pool up. Very disappointing. My daughter, who is 11 did go in briefly, but her lips turned blue and out she got.
Well thats ok we can go in the hot tub right? Some nice jets on my back would feel so great..
I turned on the hot tub and climbed in. Whats this? Its BROKEN? Yah....ever seen one of those rapids rides at amusement parks where there are little spurts of water you ride over? Well the outer ring of the hottub had spurts of water going up about a foot high. The water was not pushed forward, but rather UPwards. So if you sit in front of a jet, you can get a nice massage on the back of your head. Hope you are not one of those people trying to keep their hair dry.
Also, the jets are so loud you have to YELL to the person next to you so they can hear you. FINALLY the jets stopped and I sat in what seemed to just be a large bathtub of hot water.

Pro: The beds seem very new

Con: The beds are HARD AS ROCKS. Kinda like the cookies I mentioned earlier. I tossed and turned all night because my hip would hurt from laying on one side for too long. Also my back was soooooooo incredibly sore I had trouble rolling over. Thinking maybe I am just 'getting old' and my back isn't what it was 20 years ago, I just tried to sleep. BUT my 11 yr old daughter woke up with back pain. Yah...nice. This was like sleeping on plywood.

Pro: They have a TV in the rooms

Con: They get NO good channels. You get your networks, your CNN and thats about it. No disney channel for the kiddos :(

Pro: Free Wireless Internet
No cons here. It worked well and was easy to connect.

Pro: Free Parking

Con: Try and find some on a weekend! They hold receptions/weddings/special events and the parking lot gets full fast! We came back at 8pm and had to park in the back 40. Kinda sucked when carrying parcels and PAYING to stay there.

Overall I would not really stay here again. There is NOTHING near by except a gas station that has overpriced sundries. There is some sort of terriyaki restaurant there. We did eat at the hotel for dinner (room service) and it was good food.
Again, I only paid $42 a night, so it was ok for what we needed, but my back is still sore from those beds. I have stayed at a country inn and suites in orange county, and the difference is incredible. I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel in that one, and definately a 2 star here. The staff were friendly here, and everything was clean, but just the combination of the icy cold pool and rock hard beds really puts me off returning.

• Liked — Free wireless internet
  • Disliked — Pool and beds
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kennewick WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

Stayed here because I was visiting one of my company's near-by offices and they had the per diem rates we have to live with. Have also stayed at the Residence Inn which is down the street a ways. Like the Residence Inn more (but it is more expensive).

Room was clean and quiet. Check in was easy. The big disappointment was breakfast - watery eggs, weak coffee, paper-thin & cremated bacon and NO TOAST (no bread of any kind - English muffin, bagel, croissant....NOTHIN'!)

Next time I stay here, I will just drive down to the Starbucks a few blocks away and get my day started there....

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

Conveniently located just north of Seattle, right off the higway, this hotel is clean and well maintained. The pool and fitness room are a big plus for the money, and a full breakfast is available daily (free for hotel guests).

• Liked — Clean and affordable
  • Disliked — Would like more breakfast buffet options
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lake Elsinore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

I stayed here when my employer flew up to Seattle, to work on an emergency at our plant in Bothell. It was a nice hotel, and the breakfast buffet hit the spot in the morning. The only drawback to this hotel is that you might have a problem if you need to eat late at night like I did, when the restaurant was closed, and nearby restaurants were also closed. (I didn't feel like driving around in the rain in Bothell at 11:30 PM trying to find a place to eat.)

Stayed December 2006

Been to Country Inn & Suites Bothell? Share your experiences!