“Above average for an overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Bothell
Victoria, Canada
“Above average for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Impressive lobby that looks like it might have been recently updated. Now they need to update the rooms a bit! Has a restaurant, which is a plus for some travelers, especially if the weather is cold and rainy. room was comfortable with fridge and microwave. Nice thick towels. Breakfast was way better than average, and actually used china dishes. we were really pleased with that, as it must save a lot of plastic going in the trash.

Room Tip: rooms with 2 beds are usually larger!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I arrived very late and the staff was great. I didn't notice the sign from the freeway if there was one visable, but it was a little tricky to find. Room was fine. Breakfast filled me up. Shower was warm. Felt very safe as I was traveling alone. Gas station right next door if you need anything. I would have loved to have seen the pool uncovered as it looked really nice. My room was facing the freeway, but I did not hear a car go by!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Pulaski, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

The free wi-fi is incredibly slow. Do not plan on getting much work done, its only for lite-surfing. The room smelled musty. The free breakfast was imitation eggs & sausage. The TVs are old CRTs with limited channels. The heating united banged everytime it turned on, it woke me several times (I thought someone was breaking in my room). There were only two outlets in my room. One was for a lamp & the fridge/microwave. The other was for a lamp, which left me ONE outlet!

Finally, there was a...lets say hair, on my soap tray in the shower. The second night, after house keeping, it was still there.

I wouldnt stay here again if it was free.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CountrygalSeattle, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Bothell, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate this feedback as it assists us in training opportunities with our staff, ensures that we are maintaining high standards for our product, and giving our guests a great experience. I look forward to the opportunity of talking with you further regarding your stay.
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Booked this property entirely on spec for a Friday and Saturday night largely based on location. We were attending a UW Husky football game in the early afternoon and then a concert at Chateau Ste Michelle in the evening. Our room was better than average and the property was tidy and contemporary. We were able to get a cold beer and a meal at the lounge and the hot breakfast had some decent choices. We were very happy that the Inn offered a shuttle to and from Chateau Ste Michelle so we didn't have to drive or get a cab and could enjoy some of the Chateau's grape-based beverages without worry.

The free wifi was nice. My one comment would be that it's past time to update the old CRT TVs in the rooms to flatscreens and offer some better programming including HD. It's on the TV in the lounge - why not in the guest's rooms?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This property is hidden by trees and two other business properties making it difficult to find but once I arrived I was greated warmly by Paige who had help navigate me there along with many other places I stopped to ask for help. It is very clean, quiet, a great value. The free breakfast buffet was adequate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

It was hard to find a good cheap hotel during Labour Day weekend . After finding this hotel and reading the reviews, was quite hesitant. But you can't just judget based on what other people experienced.

So we got there and entered the lobby which was really nice. We originally booked 2 nights but decided to stay an extra night because we liked it so much. The bedrooms were clean, the bed was comfy enough (not too hard and not too soft), breakfast was great - eggs, potatoes, sausages, waffles, fruit, cereals - (can't complain when it's free!) and were very pleased to see that there was bacon on Monday!! For those people who claim they couldn't find the bread - if you're standing in the food section, you won't see it. But once you leave the area and sit at a table, you see it! Its the same distance away as the waffle maker!!

Anyways, we enjoyed our stay and will definately go back! You can't really complain about anything when you're paying $77/night. What more can you expect really. But for the price, it was definately worth it for us and we had a great time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the landscaping is so nice. It is an older hotel that is in need of updating! The first thing that hits you is the low ceilings. The second is the musty smell in the hallways. It reminded me of walking into a musty basement. I am allergic to mold, and by the time we got to our room I was stuffing up. Our room was a two room suite with the air conditioner in the bedroom and a fan unit to circulate the air. The air smelled of mold and it only got worse as the room cooled. The toilet was broken and wouldn't fill with water. The living room area was tiny, with the refrigerator and microwave stuffed in there like it was an afterthought, and the furniture in desperate need of being replaced! As my allergies began making it hard to breathe, we made a new reservation at a different hotel. My husband told the clerk at the front desk that we wouldn't be staying as we couldn't guarantee that any other room would be better for my allergies. She was nice about it and apologized for our inconvenience. Even though we didn't actually stay here, I wanted to warn anyone else with allergies or asthma to look elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Bothell? Share your experiences!