“Not good for business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Bothell
Bothell, Washington
“Not good for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am a writer and I needed a few days away from home to revise one of my books, "Invisible Money." I always stay at the newest and best place possible, regardless of price. No upscale hotels in this area but I heard the Hilton was fairly new so took a chance.

The location is well hidden--hard to find! They should have emailed me a map and directions. I had to stop and call for help, to get here.

I checked into this Junior Suite an hour ago. The desk is in a dark windowless room. The only window is in the bedroom--where it is least needed! I tried to change the room but was told ALL rooms are like this. Further, the room was too cold when I checked in. I switched the thermostat to "heat" but it looks like they've turned the heat off for the summer. Will have to get a sweater.

I will very reluctantly give the place four stars for being quite new, but for my purpose, one star would be more accurate. Just too, too depressing working at a desk in a windowless room.

Oh, one more complaint. I use a CLEAR modem for the Internet (very private!) and it needs to be near a window for a good signal. Back here in the dungeon it's just barely working.

Room Tip: I assume rooms not facing the highway would be quieter.
Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGI-Bothell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Bothell, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback. While we consider our hotel a “hidden gem”, we understand that getting lost can be quite frustrating. When our guests complete their reservation online, they are immediately sent an email confirmation featuring a directions link and map. I do hope that our guest service agent was able to quickly and efficiently point you in the right direction. I was thrilled to hear we were host to a local author and your feedback on the writing process has certainly helped us understand how we can provide better service to our guests. Please call me directly when you make you next reservation with us, and I will be sure to do my best to ensure you have a well-lit and comfortable writing retreat.

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in July 2012 for 3 nights. The first night I was given a room facing the freeway. While the noise from the freeway was not super loud and I was still able to sleep, it was still bothersome. The next day I asked for and was given a room not facing the freeway. There was no freeway noise in that room. The staff were very friendly when I asked to change rooms and also when I asked for some help with directions. They also provided free cookies in the lobby. The bathroom was very clean. My rooms each had a microwave and small fridge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

It's near the freeway but far back enough to be quiet. Room & bath was very clean and friendly staff. The hotel is at the far corner of a shopping mall and there is only one way in and out. If you are using map quest or similar to find the hotel you will only be led to the turn in off the road.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel for directions.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonGI-Bothell, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Bothell, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your outstanding review and comments about the hotel! We have been working very hard to go above and beyond for our guests and we truely appreciate that you noticed and enjoyed your experience. Please come back and see us again soon!
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I got this room on hotwire so I was pleased with the price. The hotel is everything you would expect from a Hilton. Check out was good the gentleman was very helpful.The room was clean and quiet. The pool was nice for my daughter to swim in. The bed was adjustable, which would if I had read the card before we slept instead of in the morning would have liked to have tried out. The location was good just off of 405.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for recognizing our clean rooms and friendly staff! We take great pride with our hotel and are so pleased you noticed. We hope to see you back again soon.
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The room was spacious and well appointed. Location was extremely accessible (just off Hwy 405) and convenient for where we wanted to be, although it is very close to the freeway so our room (facing the highway) picked up some noise, but it was at an acceptable level.Most impressive however was the service-from the friendly front desk staff, to the maintenance guy who saw us head outside to sit on the outdoor furniture and brought out a towel to dry off the chairs (it had just rained).. The breakfast staff (breakfast was very reasonably priced and tasty) were perhaps best of all-dropping by continuously to see if we needed anything, and when the boy at the next table lost his dental retainer ($400 value) the staff apparently rooted through the trash to find it. We would stay at the Hilton Garden in Bothell again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel would not face the highway and would be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

As a Hilton Honors Gold member usually my “go to” chain of Hiltons is the Hampton Inn. However having experienced an amazing stay at another Hilton Garden Inn (Downtown Denver) and a bad experience at the Hampton Inn in Lynwood I decided to give the Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell a chance during a recent stay. It was a decision I don’t regret!

Given I visit the Seattle area at least 4 times a year to engage in some outlet shipping and visiting friends, I had watched this hotel built over the period of many visits. I will say for those that do not know the area the location can be rather difficult to get to. Especially if you do not turn in where the entrance to the strip mall is. Traffic can also make it a bit difficult during peak times as the area can be heavy with congestion.

Upon arriving the front desk welcomed me warmly and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself upgraded to a corner suite. I was a bit nervous at first given the room faced the 405 but over the course of my stay did not have any difficulties at all with the noise. In fact I was so enamored with the particular room I was in that I will be requesting it from now on. Room 302 was a corner suite and the largest they have. In fact it includes 1 ½ baths and is nestled at the end of a hallway near the back stairwell that was not widely used.

Since I am a Gold member I do get the breakfast buffet free of charge so I tried it out several times during my stay. The attendant was always very friendly and the service prompt. The fruit was fresh and several things made to order. The big test would be would I pay for it if it were not complimentary? Indeed I would. Additionally I found the housekeeping to be top notch. On one particular day I arrived back at my room and found housekeeping service the room. So as not to scare her I announced myself to let her know someone else was in the room with her. I was met by a very friendly staff member with a great sense of humor. When a housekeeping staff member tells you that they enjoy their job there that is a sign of a well run business.

I didn’t have time this go around to try out the exercise room. But given The Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell is now my “go to” hotel for all of my future stays in the Seattle area, I will be utilizing it in the future. Underground garage, accommodating and welcoming staff, clean grounds and rooms. What more could you ask for? It was just that good!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Langley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place was very clean and well taken care of. The room was beautiful ! they have a restraunt in the hotel which is good, they even made me a special breakfast to accomedate my allergy to eggs and gluten. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We will be going back!

Only complaints....wish they served good quality coffee. The stuff in the room is cheap and gross :( Its also hard to get into the parking lot from the hwy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Bothell? Share your experiences!