“Great staff, very relaxing!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 43 Restaurants in Blaine
Cuisines: American
Alton,KS
“Great staff, very relaxing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We sat several nights out on the bayside patio. It was beautiful and the staff was great with the kids as well as keeping the drinks coming to the adults.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Down home friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We are frequent visitors to the Shores. We've nearly ALWAYS been greeted as though we were old friends and even family. It can on occasion be loud after dinner hours but we generally go during meal times. Portions are generous, staff friendly and the owner second to none. Love the place!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whitney, Texas
“Nice sports bar; owner/manager.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Go for the bar or bayside patio for your fav beverage. Not where I would go for top area dining, but surely adequate.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Oregon
“Walk down the street before dining here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We checked in to the Sandcastle at Birch Bay and thought we'd grab an easy meal at the onsite restaurant: Shore's Restaurant & Bar. This turned out to be a HUGE mistake. The outside dining was crowded at dinner time so we saw this as a good sign. Then we waited. And waited and waited and waited AFTER being seated. There appeared to be only one waitress and she was VERY stressed. It took about 15 minutes to have drinks arrive, then about an hour between ordering and being finally served. The food was really ok, but the service was just simply bizarre. It came time to settle the bill. It arrived and I slipped my card into the vinyl bill folder. And we waited. And we waited and waited, again. Finally I rose and took the folder with the bill and my credit card to the bar and asked if I could pay there. I was told no, that the server would handled this. I explained she had disappeared. Then the bartender took the folder with the bill and my card and gave it to the server, who she had located. I returned to our table to wait longer. Then the server appeared again with the folder and I asked where to sign ... and UNBELIEVABLY she said she needed my card! I told her I had given it to her. She hunted in her pockets and went back to the bar area. The bartender said the credit card was NOT in the folder! So I looked all around between our outside table and the bar. Incredibly, I spotted my credit card laying upside down on the floor behind the bar! Of course, the bartender and server were most apologetic but the experience spoke for itself. To top it all off, while signing the card a few feet away were two young women who were VERY fond of each other dancing explicitly to Michael Jackson's Beat It ... all in sight of any family at the restaurant cash register. I'm no prude, but our whole party thought this to be over the top. The food was good, but I'd look around before dining at this place! Giving Shores 2 stars may be generous.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle WA
“Very good steak and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I ate at this restaurant on business. Staff is very friendly and service is very good. I enjoyed the steak and the restaurant offers many options from seafood to pasta. Sat in the bar. Lively local bar with specials.

Visited June 2013

Been to Shores? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Shores, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.