“Quality of meals continues to decline--we give up” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Quality of meals continues to decline--we give up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The BDB has drawn customers from far and wide for many years and we have enjoyed some memorable meals here, especially breakfast. However, after several unfortunate experiences in a row, we will go elsewhere.
The most recent visit was a poor quality breakfast--old biscut that appeared to have been steamed, greasy hashbrowns that had obviously sat around for awhile and been reheated. The omelet that I have ordered on many occasions was about 2/3 the size as has been in the past. The prices are high but used to be worth it--not anymore. Sad to lose what used to be a great restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Enumclaw, Washington, United States
“Gone down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

They used to a really great place for breakfast and sandwiches. Since the new ownership I have seen a very noticeable decline in the quality of food.

Visited March 2013
Kent, Washington
“No WAYYYY Ever again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had resevations ( made 2 months in advance) for Mothers Day 11am, showed up at 10:45am didnt get seated until 12:50 didnt get food until 1:45pm by that time kids and I were so OVER hungry we couldnt eat, just got sick. because of their LACK of service time I missed making my Seattle Mothers Day cruise boat ride and couldnt get on the next and last boat of the day as it was full as they had reservations. The new owner and management staff dont really care either! My husband made reservations the next year at the bakery to surprise me and WOW what a surprise he got as I sat in the parking lot screaming at him that I would never go back there again! . He swore it would be ok but after checking once again we were told they were an hour behind the reservations. So another Mothers Day ruined. This year for Easter just for the sake of doubt I called the bakery and got the rude manager on the phone who stated "You will have this problem anywhere you go and just because you have a reservation doesnt mean you will get seated right away". I explained my experiences with her in the hopes that they had fixed this problem but instead got a rude attitude. THATS IT! Not ever again will I go there and you would be glad you dont either!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Black Diamond, Washington
“Gone down hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Years ago if you said you lived in Black Diamond people would say Oh you have that great bakery there with a huge Sunday brunch. After the sale of the establishment a few years ago the food is average at best and while the wait staff is friendly it doesn't take long, if you listen to the conversations and the owner giving orders you will figure the odd atmosphere in the air. Watching and listening will be bring to your attention that there are so many labor laws, health violations and fire codes being ignored that you wonder who is looking the other way while the owners continue to operate without giving employees breaks, fire codes are not met and food prep is scary. I don't work for them nor do I know of anyone that is currently employed there. I'm basing my comments on what I've seen and listened to while I've been there.

Visited February 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Great pie place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I were satisfied with the meatloaf sandwich Sunday ((sourdough bread AAA+, meatfloaf AA+ but the big hist was the marionberry pie with the cascade icecream. Top notch. Would go back for that. Don't miss the meat shop next door...bought pepperoni, smoked bacon, cornish game hens.

• Visited February 2013