“Beautiful location and great wine.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 12 things to do in Benton City
Yakima, Washington
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful location and great wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a winery that I keep going back to. It is classy and has a great view. When it first opened it was by appointment only which usually keeps me away but I went there once by appointment and then they opened up on some schedued open to the public time. This is a winery that is a collaberation of Chateau St Michelle and Antinori of Italy. It is pretty much a high end red blend but now also have a label that is more reasonably priced. I hightly recommend.

Visited August 2012

3 attraction reviews
“A must-do: gorgeous views of Red Mountain, delicious Cabernet & fabulous service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Holy Hell. If I could give this 10 stars, I would.

We rolled into this place with about 30 minutes to spare before we had to leave to catch our flight in Pasco. We sheepishly explained that we were in a rush and the two women working there rolled out the red carpet for us - speedily delivering our two wine flights and a bevy of delicious foods to us, including a free cheese platter that we didn't even order, just because they were being nice. And the coolest part was, even though they hustled to get this all out to us, nothing felt rushed. They still explained every wine, the intricacies of each vintage, and each cheese with detail and intelligence. We left feeling more relaxed than when we arrived! Somehow, their attention to our time constraints made us feel like we weren't in a rush at all.

Oh - and BESIDES all that awesome customer service, THE WINES WERE TO DIE FOR. Every single one. Their goal, as they both independently told us, is to make the single best Cabernet in the state of Washington. And I think they are doing a great job achieving that!

Not to mention the absolutely gorgeous, Artesa-like modern building & grounds. We sat outside on the patio and overlooked Red Mountain. It was the day after the "rapture" (May 22, 2011), and I sure felt like I was in heaven!

I hope that more people find this gem, which is why I wanted to write here and rate it a 5 star joint. It's tough to find things to do in this area of Washington, so I highly, highly recommend visiting Col Solare. It will be the highlight of your trip!

Thank you to the wonderful associates there for taking such awesome care of us - we won't forget it. We can't wait to come back!

Visited May 2011